Master of Arts in Leadership and Organizational Studies
The M.A. in Leadership and Organizational Studies is ideal for those serving in government, corporate and non-profit settings. This program equips candidates with essential leadership perspectives and skills to excel in their personal and professional leadership pursuits for the good of others.
According to the latest edition of the Occupational Outlook Handbook, leadership quality is a necessity for supervisors, managers and executives. Many mid-management and above level careers are expected to grow.
Students develop leadership skills and knowledge necessary to bring about personal, professional and organizational goals. The program teaches students to lead people, manage projects, create a culture of high expectations, develop collaborative environments, cultivate trust, resolve conflict, navigate ambiguity and make wise decisions.
Why our program?
Leadership is fine work, and those who desire it are to be commended. Unfortunately, exemplary leadership requires more than good intentions, especially now in our age of social complexity and constant technological change. Providing effective leadership in these challenging and sometimes chaotic environments is difficult and often overwhelming.
According to leadership author, James Maxwell, “[you] can find smart, talented, successful people who are only able to go so far because of the limitations of their leadership.” The good news is leadership abilities can be learned and enhanced.
CBU’s Leadership and Organizational Studies degree equips leaders with the vision necessary to make the right things happen the right way when it comes to optimizing institutional performance and outcomes.
Students benefit from career related courses such as:
- Group Dynamics and Staff Development
- Knowledge Management and Decision Making
- Leading and Managing Complexity
- Social Capital
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop ethical and competent leadership abilities and practices.
- Develop strategies to build and leverage political and social capital.
- Evaluate and implement models to bring about strategic and systemic change.
- Application Requirements
- Application for admission with a $45 nonrefundable graduate application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or evaluated equivalency
- Minimum GPA of 2.75. Options for overcoming low GPA are available.
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Comprehensive essay
- No prerequisites