|Priority||May 15||November 1||February 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||April 1|
Late applications are accepted as space allows
- Minimum of 18 semester (27 quarter) units of study in English beyond the level of freshman composition with a grade of "C" or better
- Writing competence demonstrated by a major research paper or a literary analysis.
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is be required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum score required to to display English language proficiency for admission to a graduate program is 80 IBT. If the score is lower than 80, applicant may be admitted to the INtensive English Program (IEP) and a graduate program while taking required language courses to meet the minimum TOEFL requirement.
- Successful interview with the Director of the Graduate Program in English.
- Completion of the application for admission with a non-refundable application processing fee.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (or the evaluated equivalency of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for unconditional admission and 2.75 for conditional admission. Select programs in education have a higher GPA requirement. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission with the presentation of a minimum combined score of 1000 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or a passing score on the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET).
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent: Attention Graduate Admissions
- Three recommendations from sources who can personally attest to the candidate's potential for scholarly and professional success.
- Writing competence demonstrated by a major research paper or literary analysis sent
- Comprehensive essay that includes:
- Reasons for pursuing graduate study in English
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU