|Priority||May 15||November 1||March 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||April 1|
Update 6/26/20: Given the obstacles related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are accommodating where possible in our application and admission process. CBU continues to accept applications for Fall 2020, offering acceptance as space allows! Additionally, we have modified our application requirements for several of our programs to better serve you.
- Application for admission with a $45 graduate application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency
- Official sealed transcripts showing completion of a bachelor's degree. Additional transcripts may be required to verify prerequisites or GPA.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for unconditional admission and 2.75 for conditional admission. Applicants with a low GPA may be considered for admission.
- Three recommendations from sources who can address the applicant's potential for success. Family and friends may not complete recommendations.
- Writing competence demonstrated by a major research paper or literary analysis
- Prerequisites: Minimum of 18 semester units of study in English beyond the level of freshman composition with grades of a "C" or better.
- Comprehensive essay of a least 500 words that includes:
Purpose for entering the program
Long-term professional goals
Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
- Successful interview with the director of the Graduate Program in English
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency.