|Priority||May 15||November 1||February 1|
|Standard||August 1||December 1||March 1|
Late applications are accepted as space allows.
- Graduate Program Application with a non-refundable application processing fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency
- Official sealed transcripts showing completion of a bachelor's degree. Additional transcripts may be required to verify prerequisites or GPA.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for unconditional admission and 2.75 for conditional admission. Applicants with a low GPA may be considered for admission.
- Three recommendations
- Writing competence demonstrated by a major research paper or literary analysis
- Prerequisites: Minimum of 18 semester units of study in English beyond the level of freshman composition.
- Comprehensive essay that includes:
Reasons for pursuing graduate study in English
Long-term professional goals
Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
- Successful interview with the director of the Graduate Program in English
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency.