Now accepting application for Fall 2023
Late applications are accepted and considered as space allows.
1. Application for admission with a $45 application fee
2. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency
3. A minimum cumulative or last 60/90 unit GPA of 2.75
4. Official sealed transcripts from a college or university reflecting completion of baccalaureate degree. Additional transcripts may be required for prerequisite or GPA verification.
5. Two electronic recommendations from sources who can address your potential for success. It is preferred that one recommendation be from an instructor or professor. Recommendations from friends and family are not acceptable.
6. Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Experiences that have directed your interest toward becoming a counseling minister
- Religious background, present pattern of spiritual growth, fundamentals of personal faith and the relationship between your faith and professional goals
- Influences that have shaped your present values and approach to life
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
7. Interview with the program director
8. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English proficiency.
9. Prerequisites (May be completed in first two graduate semesters)
- Introductory course in anthropology, behavioral sciences, sociology or psychology
- Sufficient knowledge of systematic theology as determined by the program director