- Understand the U.S. health care system.
- Demonstrate understanding of research methodology and the scientific method.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the relationship between disease prevention and health promotion.
- Display effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate competence in applied statistical analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the scientific literature, understand and synthesize relevant information from it, and be able to convey that information both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the scientific and mathematical foundations requisite for admission into graduate health care programs of professional study.