EL MSN Application Requirements
Application for Summer 2020 cohort will be open August 16, 2019 until January 15, 2020.
Step 1. Begin your application via NursingCAS. Once logged into NursingCAS, applicants should select EL MSN as their program. Please do not select additional CBU programs.
Step 2. Submit three electronic recommendations sent through NursingCAS: academic, personal and professional. Academic and professional recommendation letters are required to be on official letterhead.
Note: NursingCAS gives you the option of creating a deadline for your references, We recommend this deadline be two weeks prior to the application deadline. Family members may not complete recommendations.
Step 3. Please be prepared to submit the following with your NursingCAS application:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (to be sent electronically to NursingCAS)
- Conduct Clearance Form – from the last school attended, (not required for CBU alumni)
- Release and Waiver (Note: this form must be notarized)
- Prerequisite Self-Evaluation Form – Prerequisites must be completed by the end of the fall semester prior to program start in May.
- Resume containing all relevant healthcare volunteer experience, certifications/licenses, honors/awards and community volunteer experience.
- A personal statement of at least 1,000 words completed in APA format. Essay should include answers to the following
Why do you want to be a nurse?
What significant events and influences have affected your approach to nursing?
- What qualities do you bring to the CBU College of Nursing?
What are your long-term professional goals?
- Note: There is no GRE or MAT requirement
Step 4. Register for the entrance exam and start studying! Note: You do not need to take the exam prior to submitting your
application, but you do need to take it prior to the final application deadline.
*Note: The entrance exam has changed from previous cycles. More information regarding the TEAS is provided at the bottom of this page for your reference.
Step 5. Submit your completed NursingCAS application. Once this final step is complete, you will receive an email confirmation from NursingCAS indicating your application is complete or that you have missing documents. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder and make NursingCAS an "approved sender." At this time, we will email you a supplemental questionnaire that will complete your CBU application.
- All supplemental documentation must be submitted by January 15, 2020
- All transcripts should be submitted by January 15, 2020 (NursingCAS may verify transcripts beyond the deadline).
For technical support with your application, contact NursingCAS:
NursingCAS Customer Service:
Hours: Monday– Friday (9 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time)
Entrance Exam- ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
About the TEAS:
- Four-option, multiple choice, computer based exam.
- 170 questions
- 209 minutes to complete
- More information
Locations, Dates, and Times for the TEAS
- You can take the TEAS through a PSI testing center.
- The TEAS is offered almost daily at the PSI testing centers. Here are instructions on how to check dates, times, and location offerings.
- We recommend studying for 4-6 weeks prior to taking the exam, but you can take the TEAS at any point prior to the application deadline for the cycle which you are applying.
TEAS study resources and other important information:
- Although there are many study resources out there, we recommend utilizing the ATI study resources.
- Minimum score accepted: 60
- Maximum number of attempts: you can take the TEAS up to 3 times
- We will take the highest score out of your three attempts.
For more information, please see our list of frequently asked questions.