Graduate Pre-Nursing or EL MSN?
If you are interested in completing prerequisite coursework at CBU, you will be designated as a Graduate Pre-Nursing student.
If you have completed, or are completing prerequisites elsewhere, you will apply to the EL MSN program directly.
Graduate Pre-Nursing Requirements*
- Application for admission with a $45 non-refundable application fee.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or evaluated equivilency
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent to:
ATTN: Graduate Admissions
8432 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA, 92504
*All pre-nursing applicants will be required to meet with an advisor for proper course selection and to review GPA requirements.
EL MSN Requirements
Step 1. Begin your application via NursingCAS. All applicants will designate EL MSN as their program. Please do not choose additional CBU programs.
Step 2. You will need three electronic recommendations sent out through NursingCAS: Academic, Professional, and Personal. Please have Academic and Professional recommendations submit letters on letterhead. Note: NursingCAS gives you the option of creating a deadline for your references, we recommend this deadline be 2 weeks prior to the application deadline. Family members may not complete recommendations.
Step 3. Gather and upload required documents to your NursingCAS application. Please submit the following documents if you are applying for EL MSN:
- Official Transcripts
- Conduct Clearance Forms (One for each school previously attended, not including CBU)
- Release and Waiver Form (This form must be notarized)
- Tuition and Fee Agreement
- Prerequisite Self Evaluation
- Résumé containing all relevant healthcare volunteer experience, certifications/licenses, honors/awards, and community volunteer experience.
- Personal Statement. 1,000 word limit. APA formatting. Tell us your story and incorporate the following questions:
Why do you want to be a nurse?
What significant events and influences have affected your approach to Nursing?
- What qualities do you bring to the CBU College of Nursing?
What are your long-term professional goals?
The documents listed above can be found here.
Step 4. Register for the Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) and start studying! The recommended study guide can be obtained electronically through the PAX registration website (NLN website). Note: You do not need to take the PAX prior to submitting your application, but you do need to take it prior to the final application deadline.
Step 5. Submit your completed NursingCAS application. Once this final step is complete, you should receive an email letting you know that either your application is complete, or which documents you are missing. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder and make NursingCAS an "approved sender."
Updated application deadlines are available here. For technical support with your application, contact NursingCAS:
NursingCAS Customer Service:
Hours: Monday–Thursday (9 a.m.–7 p.m. Eastern Time)
Friday (9 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time)