Step-by-Step Guide for EL MSN
Step 1. Begin your application via NursingCAS. All applicants will designate EL MSN as their program. Please do not choose additional CBU programs.
Step 2. Request for transcripts to be sent from every College or University attended to CBU.
The address that these transcripts can be sent to is:
California Baptist University
ATTN: College of Nursing
8432 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside, CA 92504
Step 3. Send out three electronic recommendations through NursingCAS--One Academic, One Professional, One Personal. Please have Academic and Professional recommendations submit letters on letterhead. Note: NursingCAS gives you the option of creating a deadline for your references--we recommend this deadline be 2 weeks prior to the application deadline. Family members may not complete recommendations.
Step 4. Gather and upload required documents to your NursingCAS application. Please upload the following documents if you are applying for EL MSN:
- Conduct Clearance Forms (One for each school previously attended, not including CBU)
- Release and Waiver Form (This form must be notarized)
- Tuition and Fee Agreement
- Prerequisite Self Evaluation
- Resume containing all relevant healthcare volunteer experience, certifications/licenses, honors/awards, and community volunteer experience.
- Personal Statement. 1,000 word limit. APA Formatting. Tell us your story and incorporate the following questions:
Why do you want to be a nurse?
What significant events and influences have affected your approach to Nursing?
- What qualities do you bring to the CBU College of Nursing?
What are your long-term professional goals?
The above listed documents can be found here.
Step 5. Register for the Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) and start studying! Recommended study guide can be obtained electronically through the PAX registration website (NLN website). Note: You do not need to take the PAX prior to submitting your application, but you do need to take it prior to the final application deadline.
Step 6. Submit your completed NursingCAS application. Once this final step is complete, you should receive an e-mail letting you know that either, your application is complete, or which documents you are missing. If you do not receive an e-mail, please check your spam folder and make NursingCAS an "approved sender."
Updated application deadlines are available here. For technical support with your application, contact NursingCAS:
NursingCAS Customer Service:
Hours: Monday–Thursday (9:00 am–7:00 pm Eastern Time)
Friday (9:00 am–5:00 pm Eastern Time)