Now accepting applications for Fall 2024
- Application for admission with a $45 a application fee
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Prerequisites (completed with a “C” or better; prerequisites can be completed concurrently)
- Research methods
- Human behavior theory
- Social work practice, clinical practice, counseling, or equivalent practice course
- Diversity, cultural competence, marginalization, or equivalent social justice course
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Completion of a master’s degree in social work (MSW) from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or related master’s degree (e.g. Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Health, Master of Public Policy, Master of Science in Clinical Psychology, Master of Marriage and Family Therapy, Master of Forensic Psychology, Master of Industrial and Organizational Psychology)
- Professional essay, 3-4 pages in length, answering the following specific items:
- Describe your decision to pursue a doctoral degree in social work, including the reasons for this pursuit, important life experiences that have led you to the field, and why you believe you would be a good fit for the CBU DSW Program
- Identify some of the challenges you anticipate facing in the DSW program, including how you expect to overcome these challenges. The expectation is that students will spend about 28 hours a week engaged in doctoral content/work. How will you adjust your current work, family, and other personal/professional obligations to accommodate doctoral coursework?
- Identify your interest in addressing a social problem that requires additional scholarship, clinical expertise, and/or leadership to meet the needs of one or more marginalized populations. You should also include the reason for your interest in this topic as a potential project and how doctoral education is necessary for you to address this problem.
- Describe your views on faith and how you can integrate Christian ethics and values as a doctoral level social work leader.
- Discuss how you will integrate your doctoral education into your future personal and professional goals.
- Successful interview with the Doctor of Social Work Program Director