Now accepting applications for Fall 2024. Please click here to apply.
Please review the information below to learn more about the application requirements for admission into the Doctor of Nursing Practice program. If you have any questions please call 951-343-4527.
The following are required for your application to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program:
- Completion of a master's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency. Applicants with a master's degree in another discipline may be evaluated for admission on an individual basis (not valid for AGACNP, FNP and PMHNP options).
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for admission
- An active, unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Verification of MSN-level supervised practice hours.
- Certification as an advanced practice nurse (preferred, if applicable)
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae, including work experience, educational leadership, professional organization activities and scholarly activities.
- Successful interview with the College of Nursing
- TOEFL or IELTS scores if needed
- Professional essay less than 1,000 words, written in APA format, discussing the following
- Your decision to pursue a doctoral degree in nursing, including the reasons for this pursuit, important life experiences that have led you to the field, and why you believe you would be a good fit for the CBU DNP program
- Some of the challenges you anticipate facing in a doctoral program in nursing, including how you expect to overcome these struggles
- Your identification of a problem that requires additional scholarship, clinical expertise, and/or leadership expertise to affect a system change relevant to emerging healthcare issues
- A potential doctoral-level project that would address the identified problem. You should also include the reason for your interest in this topic as a potential project and how doctoral education is necessary for you to address this problem.
- How you will integrate your doctoral education into your future personal and professional goals
- Your views on faith and how you can integrate Christian ethics and values as a doctorally-prepared nurse leader
- Reason for choosing California Baptist University
- Prerequisites: All prerequisites must be completed with a grade of "B-" or higher
- Advanced Pathophysiology* (required for AGACNP, FNP and PMHNP options)
- Advanced Physical Assessment* (required for AGACNP, FNP and PMHNP options)
- Advanced Pharmacology* (required for AGACNP, FNP and PMHNP options)
*Must be completed within the last 5-years.
- CPR Certification
- Background check clearance
- Health clearance
- Drug testing
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
The online DNP application includes the following:
- Official master's degree transcript, sent directly to CBU from issuing institution
- Copy of RN license
- Three references: Must be from sources who can personally attest to the candidate’s potential for scholarly and professional success (academic or employer). Family members and friends may not complete recommendations.
- Professional essay less than 1,000 words, written in APA format
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae, including: work experience; educational, leadership, and professional organization activities; and scholarly activities
- Writing sample–either publication or from MSN coursework
- Application fee
- No GRE required