The fall 2019 application is currently open. Please visit NursingCAS to apply.
Please review the information below to learn more about the application requirements in order to be considered for admission into the Doctor of Nursing Practice program. If you have any questions please call us at 951-343-4535.
The following are required for your application to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program:
- Completion of a master's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution or evaluated equivalency. Applicants with a master's degree in another discipline may be evaluated for admission on an individual basis.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 for unconditional admission and a minimum 3.0 GPA for conditional admission
- Prerequisites: All prerequisites must be completed with a grade of "B" or higher
- Active California RN license
- Certification as an advanced practice nurse (preferred, if applicable)
- Successful interview with the College of Nursing
- Meeting with program advisor for initial project identification
- TOEFL or IELTS scores if needed
- CPR Certification
- Background check clearance
- Health clearance
- Drug testing
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
Online DNP application via www.nursingcas.org including the following:
- Completion of NursingCAS requirements (personal information, academic history, and supporting information)
- Submission of official transcripts from all post-secondary schools
- Prerequisite coursework entry
- Copy of RN license
- Supplemental questions
- Three references: one personal, one academic, one employer
- Professional essay written in APA format that discusses the following:
- Your decision to pursue a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree including the reasons for this pursuit, important life experiences that have prepared you for doctoral work, your reason for choosing CBU and why you believe you will be a good fit for the program.
- Some of the challenges you anticipate facing in the DNP program, including how you expect to overcome these challenges (The expectation is students will spend about 28 hours a week engaged in doctoral content/work)
- Your views on faith and how you can integrate Christian ethics and values as a nurse leader
- Identify a problem that requires a system change relevant to emerging healthcare issues and need for this change. You should also include the reason for your interest in this topic as a potential project and how the problem is applicable to the DNP-prepared health care provider.
- Discuss how you will integrate your doctoral education into your personal professional goals
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae, including: work experience; educational, leadership, and professional organization activities; and scholarly activities
- Writing sample–either publication or from MSN coursework
- Application fee
- No GRE required
NursingCAS Customer Service:
Hours: Monday– Friday (9 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time)