Single Subject Credential
CBU offers the Single Subject credential program for those who wish to teach middle school or high school (7–12). This credential authorizes candidates to teach in general education courses in California. Those who wish to extend their opportunities to serve those with learning differences can earn the dual credential (single subject and special education).
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, WASC
EDU 509 Educational Psychology (competency)
EDU 511 Theories and Methods of Teaching Diverse Students
ETC 507 Technology and Learning
EDU 514 Secondary Methods
EDU 515 Reading and Writing in the Content Area
EDU 518 Classroom Management and Discipline
EDU 519 Subject Area Specialization
EDU 580 Student Teaching and Seminar
EDU 581 Internship and Seminar
- Admissions Requirements
1. Application for admission with a $45 nonrefundable application fee. Apply at www.calbaptist.edu/gradapp.
2. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency with a minimum GPA of 2.75. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission.
3. Official sealed transcripts from a college of university reflecting completion of a baccalaureate degree. Additional transcripts may be required for prerequisite of GPA verification.
4. Three recommendations from professional sources who can address your potential for success in education. Family and friends may not complete recommendations.
5. Certificate of Clearance (COC)
6. Take the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST)
7. Register for at least one subtest of the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) for your credential area.
8. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
9. Written literacy sample and satisfactory interview with Education Committee faculty member.Return all items by mail, fax or email to: California Baptist University Office of Graduate Admissions 8432 Magnolia Ave Riverside, CA 92504 FAX: 951.552.8700 Phone: 951.343.4249 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org