Multiple Subject Credential
California Baptist University (CBU) is one of the top private Christian colleges and universities in Southern California. CBU offers bachelor's, master's and credential programs in Riverside, San Bernardino and online.
California Baptist University believes each person has been created for a purpose. CBU strives to help students understand and engage this purpose by providing a Christ-centered educational experience that integrates academics with spiritual and social development opportunities. Graduates are challenged to become individuals whose skills, integrity and sense of purpose glorify God and distinguish them in the workplace and in the world.
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, WASC
EDU 509 Educational Psychology (competency)
EDU 511 Theories and Methods of Teaching Diverse Students
ETC 507 Technology and Learning
EDU 516 Pedagogical Approaches to Literacy Acquisition
EDU 505 Elementary Curriculum & Instruction: Teaching Math and Science
EDU 512 Elementary Curriculum & Instruction: Teaching Language Arts & Social Studies
EDU 518 Classroom Management and Discipline
EDU 543 Integrating Visual/Performing Arts and Physical Education into the Elementary Classroom
EDU 580 Student Teaching and Seminar
EDU 581 Internship and Seminar
- Admissions Requirements
1. Application for admission with a $45 nonrefundable application fee. Apply at www.calbaptist.edu/gradapp
2. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency with a minimum GPA of 2.75. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission.
3. Official sealed transcripts from a college of university reflecting completion of a baccalaureate degree. Additional transcripts may be required for prerequisite of GPA verification.
4. Three recommendations from professional sources who can address your potential for success in education. Family and friends may not complete recommendations.
5. Certificate of Clearance (COC)
6. Take the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST)
7. Register for at least one subtest of the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) for your credential area.
8. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
9. Written literacy sample and satisfactory interview with Education Committee faculty member.Return all items by mail, fax or email to: California Baptist University Office of Graduate Admissions 8432 Magnolia Ave Riverside, CA 92504 FAX: 951.552.8700 Phone: 951.343.4249 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org