If you are interested in biology, this minor is very flexible, allowing you to take the courses that interest you and help you achieve your goals. Studying biology is useful for multiple career fields including public health, research & development, business, environment, law & government, allied health, and medicine. Learn more about yourself and the world around you!
Our faculty are personally invested in the students, and opportunities for students to be involved in research and student organizations are plenty.
- Healthcare Professional – physician, dentist, pharmacist, optometrist, podiatrist, physical therapist, chiropractor, occupational therapist, etc
- Research & Development – basic, applied, quality control, administration, grant writing
- Law & Government – forensic pathologists, climatologists, patent agents and lawyers, toxicologists, environmental consultants
- Environmental – air quality specialists, soil scientists, environmental scientists and specialists, botanists
- Educational Careers – park ranger, teachers, museum technicians and curators, science writers
Lower Division Requirements
BIO146 GENERAL BIOLOGY I WITH LAB
BIO148 GENERAL BIOLOGY II WITH LAB
CHE115 GENERAL CHEMISTRY I WITH LAB
CHE125 GENERAL CHEMISTRY II WITH LAB
Upper Division Requirements
BIO305 MICROBIOLOGY WITH LAB
Four (4) additional upper division units in Biology with a lab
Three (3) additional upper division units in Biology