Student Learning Outcomes
- Have a solid foundation of mathematical and statistical processes at a level comparable to that of students graduating with a BA/BS in Statistics at other universities. Processes should include (but are not limited to) a proficiency in collection, organization, design, and drawing inferences from data using appropriate statistical methodology and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate their ability to apply statistics in other fields at an appropriate level and demonstrate their ability to apply knowledge acquired from their major to real world models.
- Demonstrate mastery of data analysis and statistical concepts by communicating critically reasoned analysis through written and oral presentations.
- Acquire up-to-date skills and/or applications of computer and statistical programming related to future career choices.
- Apply their knowledge of statistics through an in-depth senior project/research experience. Results will be presented in both written (paper, publication, portfolio, etc.) and visual (PowerPoint, poster, portfolio, etc.) formats.
- Read, interpret, and critically analyze journal articles directed at undergraduate students.