Student Learning Outcomes
- Creative Writing and Revision – Evaluate how craft, style, and technique in creative writing influence the writing process and strategies for revision.
- Language and Voice – Create an approach to crafting poetry, fiction, nonfiction with a distinct voice, style, faith and/or worldview, and with effective use of grammar, syntax, and mechanics.
- Essay Writing and Research – Incorporate research from scholars in the appropriate literary and theoretical fields into well-organized and revised essays.
- Reading and Interpretation – Develop textually grounded interpretations of the content, form, aesthetics, genre, historical significance, themes, and relevant topics in literary texts.
- Writers’ Community (the classroom, the campus, the world) – Evaluate peer work and communication, constructive feedback writers give and receive, public readings of creative writing, and submissions to literary journals for publication.