Health Science (Assosciates)
Program is currently pending WASC approval.
An Associate's Degree in Health Science will equip students with a knowledge of the overarching U.S. healthcare system, including its structures, incentives, and ethics. Students are taught the pre-requisite natural science, behavioral science, and communication courses necessary to apply to professional healthcare related degree programs. Graduates are prepared for entry into many licensure-focused healthcare degree programs or for entry level positions in the healthcare industry.
Whether you are interested in pursuing dental hygiene, nursing, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapy assistant, radiology technician or many other allied health professions, this degree is flexibly designed so you can achieve the required academic preparation in order to pursue your goals.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Describe and compare the professional pathways within the health professions.
- Demonstrate the breadth of knowledge across the quantitative and scientific environments necessary to pursue further education in health programs requiring licensure.
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of the social and cultural environments at the local, regional and global levels.
- Understand the impact life choices have on overall human health and apply this knowledge to maintain healthful living appropriate to the situation.
- Discover how health care provides the opportunity for workers to serve as the hands and feet of Jesus in serving the community.