|Semester Start||Application Deadline||Interview|
For admission, two applications are required as follows:
- Submit application to the university and all required admissions documents.
- Submit the supplemental application to the PTA program to Dr. Jan Edmisten at email@example.com. The link to this application is included in the email letter that you receive after
inquiring about the PTA program.
Application deadline is March 1 each year to be considered for a April interview.
Required Admissions Documents
- High school or university/college transcripts showing a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 or university/college GPA of 2.5. To begin the program, students must have graduated from high school or equivalency.
- A minimum of 60 clinical observation hours. Use this form.
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a PT or PTA clinician). Use this form.
- A typed and double-spaced, comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that include
- Why you want to become a PTA.
- Background and/or experiences related to the field.
- Short- and long-term professional goals.
- Reasons for choosing CBU.
- Interview with PTA faculty. (Please note that not all applicants will be invited for an interview.)
Steps to PTA Admissions
- Step 1: Successfully apply to California Baptist University and select the PTA program as your area of interest. Submit official transcripts and all other documents needed to meet university requirements.
- Step 2: Successfully submit completed supplemental PTA program application process. This will include the comprehensive essay, clinical hours, and letters of recommendation (see link for clinical hours and recommendation forms). The link to this application is included in the email letter that you receive after inquiring about the PTA program.
- Step 3: Qualified candidates who are selected by the faculty for an interview, will be notified and scheduled for an interview. All materials must be submitted in order to qualify for interview consideration. (not all candidates will be interviewed)
- Step 4: The interview process is a face-to-face interview with several faculty, including the PTA program director and PTA clinical coordinator.
- Step 5: Invited candidates who accept a seat in the program must submit a $250 tuition deposit within 2 weeks of the notification of acceptance or they may lose their seat. This non-refundable deposit will be applied towards tuition once the program starts.
- Step 6: As part of the program, students must undergo and successfully pass a drug test, background check, and immunization and health screening requirements. The student must also agree to meet the technical standards of a physical therapist assistant.
- Step 7: Cohorts will begin classes every fall semester on the CBU undergraduate schedule.