CBU support services continue to serve students remotely
Riverside, Calif. (April 3, 2020) – As students at California Baptist University transition to remote instruction this semester, offices on campus also are working to provide their services online.
Below is a list of notable services that are currently available online for students:
Office of Student Success
- University Tutoring Center is offering one-on-one WebEx tutoring at https://calbaptist.edu/office-of-student-success/tutoring.
- University Writing Center is helping through email. For more information visit https://calbaptist.edu/writing-center/.
- Disability Services is still providing support through WebEx, email and telephone appointments. For more information visit https://calbaptist.edu/disability-services/index.php.
Annie Gabriel Library
Librarians remain available for research assistance through:
- Chat: For immediate assistance, chat reference continues to be available 24/7.
- WebEx: Live research help via WebEx is available by request Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-9 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Text: Simple queries can also be submitted via text/SMS to 951-221-4228.
- E-mail: Send an e-mail on research inquiries.
Multiple research assets are still available remotely including:
- Over 300,000 e-books through the OneSearch Catalog.
- Millions of academic journal articles are located on OneSearch or through specific databases. If an article is not available from library’s collections it can still be requested via interlibrary loan.
- Access to more than 30,000 streaming videos from databases like Films on Demand, NBC Learn and Digital Theatre+ are available.
Students can make appointments to have a Zoom session with a Career Center staff member. Appointments can be made for:
- Mock interviews
- Career or internship guidance
- Resume reviews
- LinkedIn and Handshake profile review.