The CBU ID Card (CBU Card) enables access and commerce across campus for current CBU students, staff, and faculty. Cards must be carried at all times and presented to university officials upon request.

Each CBU student or employee is issued one CBU ID card (CBU Card) at no charge. CBU Cards are not replaced each year and are non-transferable. 

CBU Cards are intended to last the duration of your time at CBU. New cards are not issued each year. Cards are validated electronically each semester. In order for a CBU Card to be validated, a cardholder must be enrolled in classes or employed by CBU. 

CBU Cards have a variety of uses, from checking out books in the university library to free entrance to all regular-season home athletic events.

Some events and locations that require a CBU Card include:

  • Annie Gabriel Library
  • Aquatic Center
  • Athletic Events (free access for regular season home games)
  • Campus Dining Locations (for meal plan participants)
  • Chapel (for students who desire Chapel credit)
  • Computer Labs
  • Community Life Lounge (for equipment check out, discount tickets and events)
  • Commuter Lounge Access (for commuting students)
  • General Campus Gate Access
  • Living Area Access (for residents)
  • Recreation Center
  • Residence Hall Equipment Check Out (for residents)

CBU Cards may also be presented at participating local businesses for Student Discounts.

All CBU Cards are equipped with a flexible spending account called Lancer Bucks. Funds may be loaded to this account and used at the following locations:

  • All Campus Dining Locations (including "CX" convenient store)
  • Campus Store
  • Community Life Office
  • WEPA Printing Kiosks

Learn more about LancerBucks.

If your card is lost or stolen, you should notify University Card Services as soon as possible so that your card may be deactivated. Please use your LancerMail account to email, call the office at 951-552-8552, or stop by the office (Lancer Plaza 140). 

If your Card is found before a new one is issued, you can have it reactivated by contacting University Card Services. Once a new card is issued, an old CBU Card cannot be reactivated.

Student ID replacement cards are $10 (cash, credit/debit card, or Apple/Google Pay), and payment is due when the new card is printed.

Please contact University Card Services at or 951-552-8552 for assistance in discerning why your card is not working properly. You may also bring the card by the office (Yeager D115) to have it tested.

If a replacement card is needed due to some form of damage (cracked, chipped, deformed, broken, etc.), there is a $10 fee (cash, credit/debit card, or Apple/Google Pay) due when the new card is printed. 

To avoid damaging your CBU Card, please observe the following: 

  • Do not hole punch, bend, or fold, etc. your CBU Card as this may damage the technology inside the card.
  • If you use a tech/phone sleeve to hold your CBU Card, remove your card from the sleeve prior to charging your device on a wireless charger. 
  • Do not leave your CBU Card in an area where it will be exposed to high temperatures or direct sunlight. 
  • Keep your card away from any form of magnetic or electromagnetic equipment.

The replacement fee for a damaged CBU Card is $10. 

The first and last name that is on file with the Office of the University Registrar will be used for your CBU Card. Any changes to be made must be requested through the Registrar's office. Once a name change is processed, a new CBU Card with the updated name can be printed. There is no fee for a replacement card due to a name change.

You can have a new photo taken in person in the University Card Services Office (Lancer Plaza 140). There is a $10 replacement fee to print a new card with the updated photo.


Contact University Card Services

Phone: (951) 552-8552
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Lancer Plaza Suite 140
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504