• Does it cost to use the Rec Center?
    The cost of your gym membership is included in your CBU student fees.
  • Can video or photos be taken inside the Rec Center?
    Videos or photos are not allowed. For permission please contact Tyler Cox (Senior Director of Campus Recreation) or Garrett Barker (Assistant Director of Recreation Facilities).
  • Are locker rooms available for use?
    Lockers are available in the men's and women's locker rooms and are for day use only. Cubby lockers are also located on the first floor of the building, but space is limited.
  • Are towels and showers available for use?
    Showers and shower towels are located in the men's and women's lockers rooms. Sweat towels can be found in multiple workout areas within the Rec Center. 
  • Can I bring a guest?
    Only current students, faculty, staff and their immediate spouses are authorized to use the facility.
  • Can I reserve a racquetball room?
    Racquetball courts are first come, first serve.
  • How many personal training sessions do I get per year?
    Tradtitional undergraduate students receive 8 sessions per year.
  • How much does personal training cost? There are no fees associated with this service and no additional sessions can be purchased.
  • What do I need to wear for a personal training session?
    Please wear appropriate gym attire. Please see CBU Recreation Dress Code policy.
  • How do I sign up for personal training?
    Please fill out our Personal Training Inquiry found in our member portal.
  • What Group Exercises classes do you offer?
    Please see our CBU Recreation calendar for the most up to date information. 
  • How do I sign up?
    Using the link intramurals.calbaptist.edu, create an account using your Student ID number and Lancermail password. Then select Intramurals at the top left of the page. Next scroll down and select the league you would like to join. Finally, there are three options for most leagues, create a team, join a team, or sign up as a free agent.
  • How much does it cost?
    Intramurals are included in your student services fee. There is no additional charge. The only money involved is a $10-$20 forfeit deposit from the captain at the beginning of a season (only seasons that require referees). Deposits will be returned if a team does not forfeit or gives 24 hours notice of a forfeit.
  • How do I participate if I don’t have a team?
    There are a few options:
  • You can sign up as a free agent. This means that you will be placed on a team that is willing to accept free agents, you can create a bio for yourself.
  • You could request to join teams that are already created.

We recommend doing BOTH! If you request specific teams, captains may be slow in responding, but if you sign up as a free agent, we can assist you in connecting with a team!

  • What is offered each semester?
    We have several sports each semester and an ever-changing variety. The best way to see what we have is to check IMLeagues.
  • Who can play?
    Traditional undergraduate students enrolled in 6+ units, graduate students, and OPS students.

Current athletes are only allowed to participate in virtual programs. Students formerly on a collegiate roster are ineligible to participate in the respective sport 2 years after being on a roster (i.e., collegiate volleyball players cannot play recreational volleyball, until 2 years after being on the roster), but are encouraged to participate in other recreational sports activities.

Students who have undergone the NCAA eligibility process through the CBU Athletics Department and been named on a roster are considered a member of a collegiate team.

No staff or faculty.

  • Can I switch teams?
    You can switch teams until registration ends. After that you will need to contact mkavern@calbaptist.edu
  • What do I need to participate?
    Equipment needed to play will always be provided by the Intramural staff. For some sports we require equipment such as mouth guards or shin guards. In this case, if you do not have your own, we offer the equipment for purchase at a significantly discounted price on the field.
  • What are sportsmanship points?
    Sportsmanship points are a factor in determining standings for playoffs. Each game, a team starts off with 5 points, if they use foul language, unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct the referee or Intramural staff can take away points.
    A common misconception is that a team only has 5 sportsmanship points for the whole season and when they run out, they cannot play or play in playoffs. This is FALSE. Your team’s sportsmanship rating is based off of the AVERAGE amount of sportsmanship points throughout the season, meaning if you lose more points your average will go down.
  • What is the difference between championship or non-competitive leagues?
    Non-competitive leagues are designed for teams that would like to play for fun. Good for people that have not played the sport before or have limited experience playing.
    Championship leagues are designed for teams that would like to play at a competitive level with other teams consisting of players who have played at the high school and/or club level.
  • Where can I find my team’s game schedules and times?
    After sign ups have closed the Intramural Staff will build the season or tournament schedule. You will receive an email when the schedule is ready, then login to IMLeagues. On IMLeagues, go to your team’s page and scroll down, there you will see all the days and times your team plays.

Still have questions, please contact the Assistant Director of Intramurals and Esports at mkavern@calbaptist.edu 

  • Who can go 0n CBU trips?
    Only traditional undergraduate students can attend outdoor trips.
  • Are meals provided on trips?
    Meals are included in the cost of an outdoor trip.
  • Do I need to be an expert to go on an outdoor trip?
    Individuals of all experience levels are welcome to participate.
  • Is equipment provided for an outdoor trip?
    All group gear is provided. All individual gear is available to rent through Rec Rentals.
  • How do I know when the Rec Center is hiring?
    Check our job postings here and follow us on Instagram (@cburecreation) for updates on any positions available
  • I'm a commuter student, can I still work at the Rec Center?
    Yes, as long as you are registered for classes at CBU, you are eligible to apply.

Contact Campus Recreation

Email: reccenter@calbaptist.edu
Phone: (951) 552-8580
Fax: (951) 552-8586
Recreation Center Hours: Monday–Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

3536 Adams Street
Riverside, CA 92504