Read below for some helpful tips on maintaining your F-1 Visa status:
- Attend class.
- Pursue a full course of study.
- Make normal progress towards a degree.
- Apply for program extensions before the expiration date on the current I-20.
- Follow USCIS procedures for changing from one program or educational level to another
(e.g., from a Bachelors program to a Masters program).
- Follow procedures for transferring from one school to another.
- Limit on campus employment to 20 hours per week while school is in session. When class
is not in session students on an F-1 visa may work up to 28 hours on campus.
- Refrain from off-campus employment without authorization (through economic hardship
or part-time practical training requirements).
- Report a change of address or name to the DSO within 10 days of the change. The DSO
must report the change to SEVIS within 21 days.
- Within 60 days of completing the course of study and any authorized practical training,
depart the United States, apply for a change of status, or transfer to another school.
- Maintain a valid passport.