When you become a student at CBU, you will receive health insurance through United Healthcare as part of your student fees. This insurance allows you to receive medical care here in America if you should need it while you are a student. You will pay for the medical insurance as part of your student accounts fees two times each year: Fall and Spring. Your insurance card is valid through the whole school year though, Fall, Spring, and Summer. You will receive a new insurance card for the new school year each Fall.

What Your Insurance Covers

Your insurance will cover (pay for) basic medical procedures such as:

  • Physicals
  • Most doctor visits/check-ups
  • Immunizations
  • Partial payment for scans (X-ray, MRI, CAT) 

How It Works

If you get sick or hurt, you should go to one of the approved medical facilities listed below and receive treatment. When you show them your CBU insurance card, they will list United Healthcare as the paying agency. A few weeks after you are treated, the hospital will send a bill to the insurance company. The insurance company will pay all or part of the costs of your bill and then send you a bill to pay the remaining amount. This letter will come to the International Center or to your home residence.

Approved Medical Facilities

CBU’s Health Center
3626 Monroe Street
Riverside, CA 92504
Phone: +1 (951) 321-6520

Riverside Community Hospital
4445 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92501
Phone: +1 (951) 788-3000 

Additional Healthcare

Your insurance through United Healthcare does not cover some medical need you might have like dentistry. If you need to see a dentist, you will need to pay for this yourself, the insurance will not cover it. Listed below are some recommended medical facilities for the things not covered as part of your school insurance:


Dr. Robert Mohn, DDS
3731 Tibbetts St. #1,
Riverside, CA, 92506
+1 (951) 686-3368

Dr. Zareh, DDS & Dr. Saesim, DDS
8990 Garfield St. #4
Riverside, CA, 92503
+1 (951) 687-6453