CBU is proud to announce the launch of our new outside scholarship resource, Scholarship Universe! This new platform will give our students the ability to be matched with scholarships that fit their demographics, as well as search for additional scholarships using the in-house search engine. This will provide you with a more personalized approach to finding outside aid for school.
Scholarship Universe is accessed using your InsideCBU login. We have uploaded student data into Scholarship Universe, so you will automatically have some scholarships matched to you. You will also have the chance to answer additional questions about yourself to find even more scholarship opportunities. We encourage you to use this resource as often as possible throughout the year, as new scholarships are constantly being offered.
You can also access Scholarship Universe by using this link: https://calbaptist.scholarshipuniverse.com/
There are many scholarship opportunities on this page, but we always encourage students to search even further for as many scholarships as they can. We want each student to be successful in their search, so please see the helpful tips and tricks below, along with a list of additional search engines you can explore.
Tips and Tricks
- Check out scholarship search engines. Remember, you should never pay to apply for a scholarship or give out your social security information or banking information. If a website is asking for this information or is asking you to pay money, it is a scam. Most scholarships will only ask for general information such as name, age, address, phone number, high school, etc.
- You can find many scholarships based on your personal traits, hobbies, or planned major. Try Googling “scholarships for…” and list any of those options. You can use almost any personal trait or hobby.
- Just ask! Many places might be willing to help support your college goals if you show the initiative. Try asking or writing letters to your church, local clubs (such as the local rotary club, ELKS club, Kiwanis club), and even local businesses. Business owners are often very impressed when students show this kind of effort and may be very happy to help you attend college. Here is a sample letter to get you started!
- Look up scholarships that are offered by larger companies and corporations as well (Taco Bell, Sallie Mae, Earnest, Denny's, etc.).
- You will most likely apply for several more scholarships than you actually get. Please don’t let this discourage you! The more scholarships that you apply for, the more likely you are to get money for college. Remember, the more effort that you put into your search and applications, the more likely you are to get scholarships.
Scholarship Search Engines
- U.S. Department of Labor Scholarship Search Tool
- College Board Scholarship Search
- College Resource Network
- College Scholarships
- Nitro College
- NovoResume Scholarship List
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
- Scholarships for Minorities
- Scholarships for Women
- Scholarships.com Search
- Scholarship America
- Tuition Funding Sources - Sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Unigo Scholarships
Private Donor Scholarships
For additional help and information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (951) 343-4236 or email@example.com.
***All W-9 requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.***