Christine Smith, MFA
Lecturer of Photography
Office Phone: (951) 343-4442 E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: ABPK 26 Office Hours:
|MFA||Visual Art||Azusa Pacific University||2020|
|MA||Spiritual Formation & Soul Care||Biola University||2013|
• Digital Photography (PHO 105)
• History of Photography (PHO 140)
• Context & Narrative (PHO 415)
• Studio Practice (PHO 433)
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
• Photographic Identity Portraiture as a means to Cultivating Empathy
• The Spiritually Formative Potential in Photographic Practice and Viewing
Research, Presentations, & Publications
• “Pig Pen & the Christ: The Spiritually Formative Impact of Identity Portraiture.” Symposium on Faith & Culture: Art Seeking Understanding, 27 October 2022, Baylor University, Waco, TX.
• “Looking at Death: Following Christ in Embodied Life." Biennial Conference, 6 November 2021, Christians in the Visual Arts (CIVA), Austin, TX.
• “Female Photographers: An Exploration of Embodiment, Identity, and Gender." Biennial Conference, 14 June 2019, Christians in the Visual Arts (CIVA), St. Paul, MN,
Interests & Hobbies
Christine Lee Smith is also a trained and practicing Christian Spiritual Director. She received her training at Biola University and specializes in working with artists and other visual creators.
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30)