Jong Cheon Lee, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Office Phone: (951) 552-8317 E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: James Building 376 Office Hours:
|Ph.D.||Psychology & Counseling||Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary||2013|
|M.A.||Christian Education||Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary||2009|
|M.A.||Marriage and Family Counseling||Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary||2008|
|M.Div. with Biblical Language||Theology||Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary||2005|
Licensed Professional Counselor (Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors; 67831)
Ordinated by Evangelical Church Alliance (ECA) at Duncan Conference Center in Delray Beach, FL on February 13, 2010.
MFT Counseling Theory
Couple Therapy and Intimate Partner Violence
Family Therapy I
Family Therapy II
MFT Counseling Techniques
MFT Counseling: Child-Adolescent
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
Integration of theology and psychology
Healthy marriage and family relationship
Christian spirituality and marriage/family relationship
Teaching Experience at Institutions Other than CBU
- LeTourneau University
Counseling Skills and Techniques
Counseling Theories and Family Therapies
Counseling Diverse Populations
Career Counseling and Lifestyle Development
Counseling Marriage & Family Practicum
Group Counseling Methods
Lifespan Human Development
Theological & Spiritual Dynamics
Professional, Personal, and Spiritual Life
Applied Lab & Treatment Planning
Integrative Theology for Counseling
Introduction to Counseling
Professional Seminar in Marriage and Family Therapy
Trauma & Theology in Developmental Context
- Presbyterian Seminary in America
- Midwest University
- Global Baptist Theological Seminary
Research, Presentations, & Publications
Presentations at Professional Meetings
• Lee, J. (2020) “Christian Counseling and a Christian Worldview,” online presentation, Global Baptist Theological Institute & Seminary, Dallas, TX. December 14-18.
• Lee, J. & McGuire, M. W. The Relationship between Spiritual Maturity and Marital Commitment among Korean Married Immigrants with Christian Faith.
Manuscript under review at Journal of Psychology & Christianity
• Lee, J. (2018). The Relationship between Spiritual Maturity and Marital Commitment among Korean Married Immigrants with Christian Faith. Presented at the Christian Association of Psychological Studies Conference. Norfolk, Virginia. April 14, 2018.
Invited Presentations at Nonprofessional Meetings
• Lee, J. (2019). Parenting strategies for adolescent. Invited panelist for Mustard Seed Generation Let’s Talk Dallas 2019 Conference at Young-Nak Church, Plano, TX. September 14.
• Lee, J. (2019). Self-Esteem and a Christian Worldview. Invited speaker for KOSTA (Korean Students in America) conference at North Central College, Chicago, IL. July 4.
• Lee, J. (2019). Communication for Healthy Relationship. Invited speaker for KOSTA (Korean Students in America) conference at North Central College, Chicago, IL. July 2-3.
• Lee, J. (2019). Mental Health Problems and a Christian Worldview. Presented at Binnerri Presbyterian Church. Richardson, TX, March 29-May 10.
• Lee, J. (2019). A Healthy Family. Presented at Binnerri Presbyterian Church.
Richardson, TX, January 25-March 8.
Lee, J. (2018). Christian Spirituality and Relationship. Invited speaker for the children ministry teachers’ retreat at the Young-Nak Church. Plano, TX. August 11, 2018.
• Lee, J. (2018). Healthy and Biblical Marriage Relationship. Invited speaker for the marriage workshop at the Vision Church. Seoul, South Korea. June 24, 2018.
• Lee, J. (2018). Suffering and Christian Spirituality. Invited speaker for the worship service at the Suwon Full Gospel Church. Suwon, South Korea. June 22, 2018.
• Lee, J. (2018). Spirituality and Faith Development of Single Young Adult. Invited speaker for the single young adult’s group retreat at the New Covenant Fellowship Church. Germantown, MD. January 19-21.
• Thematic workshops/retreats for churches with singles and married couples. Diverse topics: marriage enrichment, conflict resolution, parenting, mental health, family system, recovery, and spiritual issues.
• Lee, J. (2017). Preparing for Marriage and Biblical Marriage. Invited speaker for workshop in Dallas Korean Association of Single Young Adult Conference. Dallas, TX. January 17, 2017.
• Lee, J. (2017). Communication in Church Relationships. Invited speaker for workshop at Youngnak Presbyterian Church. Plano, TX. March 19, 2017.
• Lee, J. (2017). Happy Marriage. Presented at Binnerri Presbyterian Church. Richardson, TX, April, 9-30, 2017.
• “Homosexuality and Christian Worldview” Seminar in Binnerri Presbyterian Church, Richardson, TX, 06/17/2017
• “Healthy Relationship and Christian Spirituality” Seminar at Teachers Retreat at Youngnak Presbyterian Church, Plano, TX, 08/11/2017
• Communication among Family Members” Seminar at Christ United Methodist Church, Fairview, TX 05/29/2016
• “Communication in Church Relationships” Seminar at Hanaro Church, Carrollton, TX 04/03/2016-05/15/2016 (for six weeks)
• “Sexuality of Single Young Adult” Seminar in Dallas Together Pastor Meeting
(Dallas Korean Association of Single Young Adult) 03/31/2016
• “Inner Healing” Seminar in Dallas Together Conference (Dallas Korean Association of Single Young Adult) 01/08/2016
• “Biblical Family and Fatherhood” Seminar at Christ United Methodist Church, Fairview, TX 10/18/2015
• “Communication in Family Relationships” Seminar at Hanaro Church, Carrollton, TX 09/06/2015
• “Biblical Dating and Singleness” Seminar at World Mission Baptist Church for Single Young Adult Group, Richardson, TX 08/23/2015
• “Biblical Marriage and Mate Selection” Seminar at Word Mission Baptist Church for Single Young Adult Group, Richardson, TX 08/16/2015
Church Membership & Activities
Single Young Adult Group Minister/Family Ministry Pastor in Binnerri Church, Richardson, TX - 2003-2015
Member in Good Stewards Church
Community Service & Involvement
Christian Association for Psychology Studies (CAPS), Current member
KOSTA USA conference guest speaker 2019-Present
Dallas Korea Radio, Dallas, TX 2013-2020
Private counseling practice - counseling individuals and couples with various issues such as anger, anxiety, depression, marriage, family, relational issues, and addiction
Interests & Hobbies
I enjoy spending time with my family traveling, watching movies, and playing sports.
"And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing;
And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."