Kim Peters, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Computing, Software and Data Sciences Industrial and Systems Engineering
Office Phone: (951) 552-8998 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Location: College of Engineering Building, TEGR 343 Office Hours: M: 1:00pm-3:00pm, 4:00pm-5:30pm || T: 3:30pm-5:50pm || W: 1:00pk-3:30pm
|Ph.D.||Computer Science & Software Engineering and Industrial & Systems Engineering||Auburn University||08/2010|
|M.S.||Computer Science||Columbus University||08/2001|
|B.S.||Biology Pre-Medicine||Columbus University||08/1999|
CBU Bourns College of Engineering
- EGR 581/EGR 481 Systems Simulation
- CS 528/EGR 427 Software Project Management
- EGR 386 Operations Research II
- EGR 338 Human Factors and Ergonomics
- EGR 326 Software Architecture
- EGR 324 Engineering Economics
- EGR 302 Engineering Design and Documentation
- EGR 182 Mathematics for Engineering Applications
- EGR 101 Engineering from a Christian Worldview
USC Viterbi School of Engineering (University of Southern California)
- CSCI 567 Machine Learning
- ISE 515 Engineering Project Management
- ISE 500 Statistics for Engineering Management
- ITP 499 Technology Project Management
- ISE 470 Human Computer Interface Design
- ISE 435 Discrete Systems Simulation
- ITP 109 Java Programming
- ISE Cybersecurity, Directive Study
- CPSC 6159 Computer Forensics
- CPSC 6157 Networking Management
- CPSC 6118 Human Computer Interaction
- CPSC 6117 Graphical User Interface
- CPSC 5157 Computer Networking
- CPSC 2125 Web Application
- CISM 2115 Business Decision-Making Technological Applications
- CPSC 1302 Computer Science II, C++
- CPSC 1301 Computer Science I, Java
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning
Big Data Science
Stochastic Predictive Systems Modeling and Simulation
Teaching Experience at Institutions Other than CBU
USC (University of Southern California)
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Management in Computer Information Systems
Research, Presentations, & Publications
- Peters, Kim Y. A Markov Chain Dynamic Social Network Modeling and Simulation, ProQuest-CSA LLC., Copy Right Registration #: TX 6-722-788, 2010.
SELECTIVE RESEARCH PAPERS
- Peters, Kim. Ravichandar, Priank. INFORMS Capability Analytics Evaluation (ACE) Part II, INFORMS, Aug 2020.
- Peters, Kim. Ravichandar, Priank. INFORMS Capability Analytics Evaluation (ACE) Part I, INFORMS, August 2019.
- Peters. Kim, Ravichandar, Priank. Moon, Junchul. INFORMS Capability Analytics Evaluation (ACE) Market Research, INFORMS, July 2018.
- Peters, Kim Y. (aka: Kim, YongMi), Bioinformatics: Pervasive Computing in Human, the Ubiquitous Behavior of the Digital Chip Embedded in Human, SECABC Biocomputing Infrastructure, Georgia State University Biotech Symposium, 2006.
- Peters, Kim Y. (aka: Kim, YongMi.), The Medical Image Processing and Restoration: the Comparison of Direct, Iterative, and Wavelet Algorithms, SECABC Biocomputing Infrastructure, Georgia State University Biotech Symposium, 2005.
- Park, Chan S. & Peters, Kim Y. (aka: Kim, YongMi), Fundamentals of Engineering Economics: Management and Quality of Service for Supply and demand, Equilibrium, Elasticity, Costs, Profit, and Process. Book Chapter, Prentice Hall, ISBN: 0-13-030791-2.
- Peters, Kim. Moore, James. A Markov Chain Data Modeling and Dynamic Simulation, Analytics, Operations, and Strategic Decision Making in the Public Sector, Book Chapter, IGI Global -- In progress - Book chapter proposal submission has been accepted.
Church Membership & Activities
Bel Air Presbyterian Church
Community Service & Involvement
Dr. Peters is a consultant for INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences), the leading international association for operations research and analytics professionals. Since the spring of 2018, she has led the teams for Part I of a project researching the leading data analytics maturity models in the market. These include INFORMS Analytics Capability Evaluation, HIMMS Adoption Model for Analytics Maturity, SAS Information Evolution Model, Cardinal Path Online Analytics Maturity Model, TDWI Analytics Maturity Model and Assessment Tool, DXC Technology Analytics IQ Self-Assessment, International Institute for Analytics (IIA) Maturity Assessment, Webb Mason Analytics Capability Model, IBM Big Data & Analytics Maturity Model, and the Carnegie Mellon Institute CMM for Analytics Model. This effort focuses on data analytics capability trends in an effort to enhance the existing version of INFORMS’ Analytics Capability Evaluation (ACE) model. Part II of the project involves the analysis of the ACE data bank in collaboration with personnel at MIT, GA Tech, Notre Dame, and Purdue University.
Interests & Hobbies
Dr. Peters is a most grateful mother of two wonderful sons, David and Jonathan. She treasures her family and friends, and in her spare time, she enjoys fine arts, outdoor activities, and traveling.
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. ..… You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Proverbs 3:3-4
Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. Proverbs 3:13-14