Andrés Vera, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of New Testament
Office Phone: (951) 552-8997 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Location: YCTR B213 Office Hours: || MW - 2:30-3:30pm || R - 9:30-2:30pm || F - 8:00-9:00am
|Ph.D.||New Testament||The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary||2023|
|Th.M.||Old Testament||The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary||2018|
|M.Div.||Biblical & Theological Studies||The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary||2016|
|B.Sc.||Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences||McMaster University||2011|
CST 130 - Survey of New Testament
CST 230 - Jesus and the Gospels
CST 240 - Paul and the Early Church
CST 440 - Romans
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
▪ Pauline soteriology
▪ Pauline ethics
▪ Pauline metaphors
▪ Metaphor Theory
▪ Cognitive Linguistics
Teaching Experience at Institutions Other than CBU
Adjunct Professor of New Testament Interpretation (The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary)
▪ 20400 (Elementary Greek)
▪ 20400H (Griego Basico)
▪ 20440H (Sintaxis de Griego)
▪ 22200H (Introduccion al Nuevo Testamento I)
▪ 22220H (Introduccion al Nuevo Testamento II)
Research, Presentations, & Publications
CONTRIBUTIONS TO EDITED WORKS:
• Tremper Longman III and Mark Strauss eds. Expository Dictionary of Old Testament and New Testament Words (Baker: forthcoming)
• Nuñez, Miguel. NBLA Biblia Temática de Estudio. Nashville, TN: B&H Español, 2022.
• Review of Metaphors in the Narrative of Ephesians 2:11–22: Motion Towards Maximal Proximity and Higher Status, by Oscar Jiménez, Bulletin for Biblical Research (forthcoming).
• Review of Faith in the Son of God: The Place of Christ-Oriented Faith within Pauline Theology, by Kevin McFadden, Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 65 no. 3 (Sep 2022): 601–603.
• Review of Key Approaches to Biblical Ethics: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue, by Volker Rabens, Jacqueline N. Grey, and Mariam Kamell Kovalishyn eds., Bulletin of Biblical Research 31 no. 4 (Dec 2021): 556-558.
• Review of Pauline Hamartiology: Conceptualisation and Transferences, by Steffi Fabricius, Journal of Biblical and Theological Studies 6 no.1 (June 2021).
• Review of Conformed to the Image of His Son: Reconsidering Paul’s Theology of Glory in Romans, by Haley Goranson Jacob, Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 62 no. 4 (Dec 2019): 839–841.
• “Am I First or Last? Self-Perception and Reward in the Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard (Matt 20:1-16)” Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society (November 2020)
• “Removal from the Covenant Community: Paul’s Use of Deuteronomy in 1 Corinthians 5.” Presented at the Southeast Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Louisville, KY (March 2017)
Church Membership & Activities
Elder at Fellowship Church (Beaumont, CA)
Small Group Leader
Interests & Hobbies