Antonio Mejico Jr., Ed.D.
Assistant Professor - Social Work
Office Phone: 951.552.8949 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Location: James 277 Office Hours:
|Ed.D.||Leadership for Educational Justice||University of Redlands||2012|
|M.A.||Education Counseling K-12||University of Redlands||2009|
|B.A.||Sociology||University of Redlands||2003|
PSY 120: Lifespan Development for Health Professionals
SOC 355: Social Stratification
SWK 530: Marginalized Populations
SWK 568: Intimate Partner Violence
SWK 576: Displaced Populations
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
Child Welfare Policy
Wraparound Implementation and Policy
Research, Presentations, & Publications
Mejico, Antonio. "The Heart of Social Work: 5 Lessons the Bible and Families Taught me". California Baptist University, Culture and Justice Lecture Series. Thursday, February 15, 2018. Riverside, CA.
Alexander, Roderick, Boughton, Matthew, Fitzsimmons, Tracy, Mejico, Antonio. "One Life at a Time. The Formula for Success: Passion, Teamwork, Persistence, Empathy". Children and Families in Crisis Conference. Unforgettables Foundation. April 18, 2018. Palm Desert, CA.
Mejico, Antonio. "California Department of Social Services Regional Residential Care Providers Forum: Integration of Continuum of Care Reform and Achieving Effective Organizational Culture". Social Services Agency, Thursday, August 20, 2018. Orange County. Santa Ana, CA.
Cooper, Addison, Mejico, Antonio. "Transitional Housing Plus Foster Care Overview of Services". Riverside County Department of Public Social Services, Child Protective Services Division. Wednesday, September 19th, 2018. Indio, CA.
Mejico, Antonio. "Cultural Humility: A Brief Introduction and Considerations for Best Practices when Serving Hispanic Populations. California Baptist University (In Collaboration with CBSS and the Legacy Project). Thursday, October 11, 2018. Riverside, CA.
Mejico, Antonio. "Overview of Legislative Shifts, County and State Needs Impacting Child Welfare". Leadership Riverside. December 7, 2018. Riverside, CA, Friday.
Mejico, Antonio. "Behavioral Management Support: Improving Educational, Emotional and Behavioral Outcomes for Students". Badger Springs Middle School. Moreno Valley Unified School District. Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Moreno Valley, CA.
Mejico, Antonio. "Intimate Partner Violence: An Overview of IPV, Philosophies and Strategies for Support". Riverside Community Hospital, March 21, 2019. Riverside, CA, Thursday.
Mejico, Antonio. "Cultural Humility: A Brief Introduction and Considerations for Best Practices when Serving Hispanic Populations. California Baptist University. Tuesday, April 23, 2019. Riverside, CA.
Mejico, Antonio. "Medi-Cal Billing Documentation Standards and Best Practices". Mountain Counseling and Training Incorporated. Monday, May 6, 2019. Crestline, CA.
Church Membership & Activities
Sandals Church, Hunter Park Campus
Community Service & Involvement
1. I am blessed to serve as a religious volunteer with San Bernardino County Juvenile Probation, where I provide bible study to incarcerated youth, currently serving rehabilitative sentences.
2. I also volunteer at several "pop up" homeless shelters in Redlands, during the winter months to provide supervision and meal distribution to homeless men during inclement weather.
Interests & Hobbies
A few of my favorite things:
1. Restoring/modifying cars.
2. Cooking and experimenting with new recipes.
4. Watching scary movies.
Three key quotes inspire me to live my life, teach and serve my community in a specific way:
1. Everyone holds value and is entitled to be treated with dignity. “Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge. Even all the hairs on your head have been counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” Matthew 10: 29-31
2. All life is "inter-related" and therefore, human relationships are central and essential to our existence. “From the time you were very little, you have had people who have smiled you into smiling, people who have talked you into talking, sung you into singing, loved you into loving. So, on this extra special day, let’s take some time to think of those extra special people. Some of them may be right here, some may be far away. Some may even be in heaven. No matter where they are, deep down you know they’ve always wanted what was best for you. They’ve always cared about you beyond measure and have encouraged you to be true to the best within you. Let’s just take a minute of silence to think about those people right now.” -Fred Rogers
3. Do all things with love and in service to all God's children. "Yes, if you want to say that I was a drum major, say that I was a drum major for justice. Say that I was a drum major for peace. I was a drum major for righteousness. And all of the other shallow things will not matter." -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.