Krystal Hays, PhD
Assistant Professor of Social Work
Office Phone: (951) 552-8145 E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: James 273 Office Hours: By appointment
|PhD||Social Work||University of Southern California||2017|
|MSW||Social Work||University of Southern California||2008|
|B.A.||Psychology and Social Behavior||University of California, Irvine||2006|
Introduction to Social Work
Social Work Practice
Advanced Clinical Practice
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
Mental Health Promotion
African American Health
University of Southern California
Research, Presentations, & Publications
1. Hays, K. (2018). Reconceptualizing church-based mental health promotion with African Americans: A social action theory approach. Journal of Religion & Spirituality in Social Work: Social Thought, 1-22.
2. Hays, K. (2017) A Risk Typology for Depression in African Americans. Issues in Mental Health Nursing.
3. Hays, K. & Lincoln, K. D. (2017) Mental Health Help-seeking Patterns among African Americans: Exploring the Influence of Religion. Race and Social Problems. 9(2), 127-138
4. Hays, K. & Gilreath, T (2017) Profiles of Depression Help Seeking among African Americans: A latent class approach. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease.
5. Shepard-Payne, J & Hays, K (2016) A Qualitative Exploration of Pastors' Candid Discussions on Mental Health and Healing, Mental Health, Religion, and Culture. 1-13.
6. Hays, K. (2015) Black Churches’ Capacity to Respond to the Mental Health Needs of African Americans. Social Work and Christianity, 42(3). 296-312.
7. Hays, K. & Aranda, MP (2015) Faith-Based Mental Health Interventions with African Americans: A Review. Research on Social Work Practice. 1-13.
Church Membership & Activities
Praise Tabernacle Bible Church
Community Service & Involvement
Advocates for African American Elders