Ruth Noemy Wheeler, M.M.
Office Phone: E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: Hawkins 208 Office Hours:
|M.M.||Conducting and Performance||California Baptist University|
|B.M.||Violin Performance||Conservatorio Superior de Música, Malaga Spain|
• National Center of Arts, Music Department in San Salvador, El Salvador. (1988-1990).
• Conservatory of Music in Tetuan, Morroco. (1992-1994).
• Superior Conservatory of Music of Malaga, Spain- Elementary Level Studies (1995-1998).
• Professional Conservatory of Music Manuel Carra, in Malaga, Spain; -Intermedium Level Studies (1998-2002).
• Superior Conservatory of Music of Malaga, Spain. (2002-2006). –Superior Level studies-.
• Trained at the Orquesta Joven de Andalucia, Spain, after selective audition.(Andalucia’s Youth Orchestra) (2001-2003).
• California Baptist University. Double Master in Music in Violin Performance and Conducting. (2006-2010).
• The Juilliard School, NY- Participant at the Starling-DeLay Symposium on Violin Studies (2011).
• The Juilliard School, NY- Participant at the Conducting Workshop for Music Educators (2013).
• The Juilliard School, NY -Participant at the Starling-DeLay Symposium on Violin Studies (2015).
* The Juilliard School, NY -Participant at the Starling-DeLay Symposium on Violin Studies (2017).
* New York Conducting Institute- Auditor (2017).
* Conductor participant at the New York Conducting Institute (Summer 2018)
Applied Private Instruction - Violin
Instrumental Practicum - Violin
Chamber String Ensemble
Instrumental Techniques for Strings
Instrumental Conducting I
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
Studied at Conservatory of Music in Tetuan, Morroco, Professional Conservatory of Music Manuel Carra, in Malaga, Spain, Superior Conservatory of Music of Malaga, California Baptist University and at The Juilliard School, NYC (Summers 2011,2013, 2015).
Studied and received instructions in Violin with maestros like Davor Kuljeric, Davor Kuljeric, Ara Vartanian, Vadim Brodsky, Michael Thomas, Bryan Brooks, Isel Rodriguez, Yossi Zivoni, Vicente Huerta, Axel Wilczok, Vartan Manoogian, Todor Pelev.
Studied conducting with maestro Gilberto Orellana, Octav Calleya and Gary Bonner.
Her experience in orchestra is wide including orchestras as Pablo Picasso Orchestra, Malaga University Chamber Orchestra , Malaga Provincial Symphony Orchestra , National Evangelical Youth Orchestra, Malaga’s Soloist Orchestra Andalucía Youth Orchestra (OJA) ,Orchestra of Manuel Carra Professional Conservatory as Concertmaster, Orchestra of Malaga Superior Music Conservatory as Concertmaster, University Choir and Orchestra at California Baptist University as-Concertmaster, Almeria City Orchestra , International Youth Orchestra of Oviedo City.(JOICO), Malaga Philharmonic Orchestra, Lyric Symphony Orchestra CA, Bonner Singers Orchestra as Concertmaster, Loma Symphony Orchestra, Corona Symphony Orchestra as Concertmaster, Riverside Liric Opera Orchestra, Corona Pops Orchestra as Concertmaster, El Salvador’s National Symphony Orchestra A guest soloist and Corona Symphony Orchestra as Concertmaster since 2008.
In 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017 she was selected to participate in the Symposium in Violin Studies at Juilliard School of Music, NYC.
In 2013 she was selected to participate in the Conducting Workshop for music Educators at Juilliard School of Music, NYC.
In 2017 and 2018 was selected to attend to the New York Conducting Institute. In 2017 as Auditor and in 2018 as active Conductor.
• Freelancer musician, playing in string quartets, trios and duos.
• Artistic Personnel Director at Corona Symphony Orchestra. (2008-present).
• Board Member of Corona Symphony Orchestra. (2008-present)
* Violin Instructor at Riverside Arts Academy. (2015-present).
*. Violin Instructor at Harmony Project Riverside.( Spring 2018-present).
*. Clinician/Guest Conductor in different High Schools in SoCal.
* Founder and Conductor of the CBU Symphony Orchestra in 2012-.2018. Currently Symphony Orchestra Assistant Conductor.
*. Assistant Conductor for SHE LOVES ME, the Musical, at CBU- Fall 2018.
*. Orchestra Director of the CBU University Choir and Orchestra (Fall 2018-present)
• Violin Instructor at Claremont Community School of Music in California. –in 2011.
• Violin Instructor at Tuning Sounds in Moreno Valley, CA from 2012-2014.
• More than 20 years of Private Instruction Teaching Experience (Spain & USA)-Currently she has her own Private Studio, she teaches
students –private instruction-, age range: 7 to 60.
• Founder of the Violin program at the Riverside Arts Academy (2015 - present).
* Violin Instructor at the Harmony Project Riverside (Spring 2018- present).
* Interim Orchestra Director at Harmony Project Riverside (Summer 2018).
*. Honor Orchestra Conductor at the Inland Empire Musical Arts (since Fall 2018- present)
Research, Presentations, & Publications
HONORS AND AWARDS:
• Award at Superior Conservatory in Malaga, Spain. (1998)
• 1st place in Auditions to Access at Superior Conservatory in Malaga, Spain (2002)
• Outstanding Graduate Student Award 2010, at California Baptist University.
• Award of Excellence 2016 in the state of CA- Through the Riverside Arts Academy-Award received as a team effort of all the instructors making possible an excellent Arts
program in the State.
• Participated in over 15 Recordings with different groups and Orchestras in Spain and also have played in 9 cd’s recordings with University Choir and Orchestra from California Baptist University.
• Recorded a Violin Piece called Song for the King, from Michael W. Smith; (Violin and Orchestra). With the California Baptist University’s Orchestra. The Album is called: God Has Come ( 2009). Available at www.calbaptist.edu/music.
AS AN ACTVE PERFORMER
• She has performed with figures like Maxim Venguerov (with JOICO), Michael W. Smith, Natalie Cole, Michael Cavanugh, David Benoit, Burt Bacharach, Chris Botti, Bob James, Mannheim Steamroller, among others.
• Also she has performed in different Musicals like: Ragtime, Fiddle on the Roof (as the fiddler), The Fantastikcs, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma, The Man of La Mancha and Beauty and the Beast.
• Concertmaster of Corona Symphony Orchestra (2008- present).
Founder of the following groups:
* CBU Symphony Orchestra in 2012.
* CBU String Quartet in 2017.
* In the Spring of 2018 she created the very first CBU Concerto Competition.
Church Membership & Activities
Fellowship in the Pass, Beaumont.
Cornerstone Fellowship Bible Church, Riverside
Community Service & Involvement
Riverside Arts Academy/ Harmony Project Riverside
Interests & Hobbies
Love spend time with my family.
Spain is the best destination to visit!
" Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters."
"I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."
"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."