Seunghyun Chun, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Office Phone: 951-552-8641 E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: College of Engineering Building, 100D Office Hours:
|Ph.D.||Electrical & Computer Engineering||University of Texas - Austin||2011|
|M.S.||Electrical Engineering||University of Southern California||2004|
|B.S.||Electrical Engineering||Yonsei University||2002|
Courses Taught at CBU
- Circuit Theory I, II (EGR 231, 232)
- Signals and Systems (EGR 232)
- Data Acquisition, Design & Visualization (EGR 335)
- Communications (EGR 490A)
- Smart grid Technologies (EGR 490B)
- Introduction to Engineering Design (EGR 102)
- Introduction to Computer Programming C++ (EGR 121)
- Power Electronics(EGR400C)
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
- Digital Control of Power Converters for Renewable Energy Sources
- Digital Maximum Power Point Tracking for Photovoltaic Energy Generation
- Smart grid Technologies
- OFDM Communication System
- MIMO Communication System
Teaching Assistant at UT Austin
- Introduction to Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Introduction to Digital Communications
- Undergrad Solar Car Project at UT Austin
Research, Presentations, & Publications
Seunghyun Chun, Alexis Kwasinski “Modified Regula Falsi Optimization method approach to Digital Maximum Powerpoint Tracking for Photovoltaic Application” The Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC2011), March 6-10, 2011, Fort Worth, TX USA, Best Presentation Award
Seunghyun Chun, Alexis Kwasinski “Analysis of Classical Root Finding Methods Applied to Digital Maximum Power Point Tracking for Sustainable Photovoltaic Energy Generation” IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics Special Issue on Power Electronics in Sustainable Energy, 2011
Seunghyun Chun, Robert McCann, et al “Incorporating Student-owned Portable Instrumentation into an Introduction to Electrical Engineering Course” ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition June 26 - 29, 2011 Vancouver, BC, Canada
Seunghyun Chun, "Integration of Mathematics for Sustainable Energy Applications" ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition June 14 - 17, 2015 Seattle, WA, U.S.A
Church Membership & Activities
Cell group leader at Bethel Korean Church
Interests & Hobbies
Professor Chun is married to Hyejin Oh and are blessed with two beautiful children, Jason and Joanna.
He loves traveling with his family and watching a good movie from time to time. He is passionate about musical worship at the church and has long been active in building up praise and worship teams wherever God was called him to be.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
- Ephesians 2:10, NASB
In that day I will raise up the fallen booth of David, And wall up its breaches; I will also raise up its ruins And rebuild it as in the days of old; That they may possess the remnant of Edom And all the nations who are called by My name,” Declares the LORD who does this.
- Amos 9: 11-12, NASB