Joseph De Vol, M.S.
Assistant Professor of Education
Office Phone: (951) 343-4324 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Location: Eugene and Billie Yeager Center, Room B237 Office Hours: Mondays: 2–4 p.m.; Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 3–5 p.m. And by appointment.
|M.S.||Entomology||University of California, Riverside||1969|
|B.A.||Zoology||California State University, Los Angeles||1967|
Administrative Credential, UCR 1974
EDU 300: American Public Schools
EDU 302: Educational Psychology
EDU 518: Classroom Management and Discipline
EDU 505: Elementary Curriculum and Instruction: Math and Science
EDU 534: International and Comparative Education
EDU 585: International Education Practicum
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
* Elementary Mathematics
* Elementary Science
* Elementary: Grades 4–6 and Special Education
* Junior High: Science, Health, Social Studies, and English; coaching Track
* High School: Biology
* University: George Fox University 6 years Department of Continuation Education
* California Baptist University: currently in 16th year
Research, Presentations, & Publications
De Vol, Joe. "Biology of Chelinidea vittiger, with notes on its Host-Plant Relationships and Value in Biological Weed Control." Environmental Entomology, Vol. 2, No. 2. pp. 231–240.
2002 Fall Faculty Workshop co-presenter
Church Membership & Activities
* Friendship Church, elder on church board
* Have served as a deacon, Sunday school teacher, choir member
* Served as the chairman of the Missions Task Force
* Leader of a home Bible study
Community Service & Involvement
* Have served as a board member of the Friendsview Manor, secretary of Residential Relations Committee, executive director search committee member
* Washington Elementary after-school tutor
Interests & Hobbies
* Overseas missions trips: China 1995; India/Nepal l997, 1999, and 2001; Japan 2003; India 2008
* Staying in touch with national Christians in the Himalayas
* Vacation trips to Europe, Africa, and Hawaii
* Tennis and paddle tennis
* RV camping at the beach, visiting national parks and historical sites
* Wife Judy is a Minister of Visitation for the Friendship Church; caring for members in hospitals and convalescent hospitals.
* Two daughters, two grandsons and a third grandson due April 27th
"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15, NASB
This verse has a very special meaning for me. It became the title of a book about my grandparents and parents who served the Lord as medical missionaries in Asia. My life as a "missionary kid" in India has left an indelible imprint on me. As a result, I have returned to India/ Nepal four times in recent years. Introducing college students to mission work in third-world countries has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life.
To be affiliated with a university that has made a commitment to be known as the "Great Commission" university gives me great joy in serving here.