Barry Parker, Ph.D.
Reference and Serials Librarian Librarian
Office Phone: (951) 343-4242 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Location: Library, Room 110 Office Hours: m/t/th/f 8:00-4:30 w 1:00 - 9:00
|Ph.D.||Biblical Studies||University of Sheffield, U.K.||1986|
|M.L.I.S.||Library Studies||University of British Columbia, CANADA||1996|
|M.Div.||Theology||Northwest Baptist Theological Seminary, CANADA||1980|
|B.A.||Comparative Religions/Literature||McMaster University, CANADA||1976|
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
•New Testament Studies
•English Grammar, Composition and Literature
Teaching Experience at Institutions Other than CBU
Adjunct Faculty at Regent College, Vancouver BC CANADA; Trinity Western University, Langley BC CANADA
Research, Presentations, & Publications
* "Works of Law' and the Jewish Settlement in Asia Minor,"Journal of Greco-Roman Christianity and Judaism 9, 2013, pp. 42-96.
* Resolutions (novel), Pittsburgh: RoseDog Books, 2013.
* "Romans 7 and the Split between Christianity and Judaism," Journal of Greco-Roman Christianity and Judaism 3, 2006, pp. 110-133.
*Book readings and signings:
*Cellar Door Books, Riverside CA, June 2013
* St. George's Episcopal Church, Riverside CA, July 2013
* Book panel: Cellar Door Books, Riverside CA, September 2013
* Book fairs
* Jurupa Valley Library, Riverside CA, October 2013
* Eastvale Public Library, Eastvale CA, January 2014
•Papers related to Paul and the Law ranging from the Hellenization of Jews in Asia Minor to Baptismal Rites in Corinth at:
•Tyndale House, Cambridge U.K. (peer presentation)
•Winnipeg MB CANADA (Learned Societies, CSBS)
•Spokane WA U.S.A. (Society of Biblical Literature)
•Tacoma WA U.S.A. (Society of Biblical Literature)
•Windsor ON CANADA (Learned Societies, CSBS)
Church Membership & Activities
St. George's Episcopal Church - lector
Interests & Hobbies
3 children, all of very diverse and accomplished natures
From one perspective, Christianity is quite simple: it’s about love. But that love is anything but simple. It is not just the easy love, but the love of enemies, the love seen in tolerance and acceptance of those different than ourselves, and the love seen in the care and nurture of those least able to care for themselves and of the world which God has given us.