Beth Groves, D.P.A.
Associate Professor of Public Administration
Office Phone: (951) 343-3948 E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: 10370 Hemet St., Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92503 Office Hours: Mondays and Thursdays by appointment.
|D.P.A.||Public Administration||University of La Verne||2019|
|M.P.A.||Public Administration||California State University Long Beach||1994|
|B.A.A.||Journalism||Central Michigan University||1983|
• POL 213 American Government
• POL 223 American State & Local government
• POL490 Contemporary Issues in Public Administration
• POL 491 Public Personnel Management
• POL 493 Principles of Public Administration
• POL 451 Executive Leadership & Management
• POL452 Organizational Theory and Design
• POL 465 Public Policy & Analysis
• LDR470 Groups and leadership
• MPA520 Leadership and Management
• MPA530 Public Finance and Budgets
• MPA535 Strategic Collaboration
• MPA540 Public Personnel Management
• MPA545 Conflict Resolutions and Labor Negotiation
• MPA570 Public Policy Analysis
• MPA580 Ethics
• MPA594 Comprehensive Exam Seminar
• ORG523 Organizational Communication
• DPA740 Collaborative governance
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
Local government electoral systems and structures.
Teaching Experience at Institutions Other than CBU
Previously served as an Adjunct professor at California State University San Bernardino-- public administration.
Research, Presentations, & Publications
Real Representation: Case studies of forces that changed municipal elections in select California cities (dissertation)
Church Membership & Activities
Journey Christian Church, Irvine, California
Community Service & Involvement
Member, Soroptimist International of Corona (A business women's service organization)
Ex-officio Board member, Christian Arts Theatre (CAT), Corona.
Member, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
Professor Groves has more than 20 years of experience working in the public sector. Most recently (2009-2013), she served as the City Manager for the City of Norco, an equestrian-oriented community in Riverside County. She also has held every management position within the City Manager’s Office in the City of Corona, beginning as a management analyst in 1996, promoting through the ranks and ultimately serving as Corona’s City Manager from 2004 to 2008.
Professor Groves has also worked at both the County and State levels of government, managing policy issues for a California State Senator and member of the Orange County Board of Supervisors. She began her professional career as a city news reporter and also worked in public relations for a community hospital.
For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
- Jeremiah 29:11, NASB
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.