Patrick Schacht, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biochemistry Department Chair, Chemical Sciences
Office Phone: (951) 552-8819 E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: James Building, 464 Office Hours: Virtual
|Ph.D.||Genetics, Genomics, & Bioinformatics||University of California, Riverside||2013|
Torrey Honors Institute Member, Biola University
Chemistry for Nursing (CHE112)
General Chemistry (CHE115 & CHE125)
Genomics, Bioinformatics & Proteomics (BIO435)
History of Science (HON300)
Introduction to the Discipline (CHE101)
Student Research (CHE490)
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
G Protein Signaling
Science and Religion
Teaching Experience at Institutions Other than CBU
Teaching Assistant, Biola University, Organic Chemistry, 2005-2008
Teaching Assistant, University of California Riverside, Experimental Microbiology, 2013
Research, Presentations, & Publications
Peer Reviewed Publications:
1. Carrillo AJ, Schacht P, Cabrera IE, Blahut J, Prudhomme L, Dietrich S, Bekman T, Mei J, Carrera C, Chen V, Clark I, Fierro G, Ganzen L, Orellana J, Wise S, Yang K, Zhong H, Borkovich KA: Functional Profiling of Transcription Factor Genes in Neurospora crassa. G3, 2017.
1. Kim JD, Schacht PC, Garud A, Park G, Borkovich KA: Heterotrimeric G Proteins. In Neurospora: Genomics and Molecular Biology (1st Edition; Kasbekar DP, McCluskey K [editors]). Caister Academic Press, Norfolk England, 2013.
Abstracts presented at national/ international meetings:
1. Scheeff E, Pleasance E, Zhai Y, Schacht P, Dacre M, Torkamani A, Schork N, Stratton M, Futreal A, and Manning G: Predicting the Functional Impact of Somatic Mutations in Protein Kinases Using Evolutionary Constraints; RECOMB Computational Cancer Biology 2007; San Diego, CA; September 2007.
2. Schacht PC, Borkovich KA: Studying the non receptor GEF RIC8 using Inhibitors and Suppressors in Neurospora crassa (abstr #632); 25th Fungal Genetics Conference; Asilomar, CA; March 2009.
3. Schacht PC, Borkovich KA: Studying the G protein Regulator RIC8 using Suppressors and Chemical Inhibitors in Neurospora crassa (abstr #27); Neurospora 2010 meeting; Asilomar, CA; April 2010.
4. Schacht PC, Borkovich KA: Evaluating the roles of the non-receptor GEF RIC8 using suppressor screens in Neurospora crassa (abstr #282); 26th Fungal Genetics Conference; Asilomar, CA; March 2011.
5. Schacht PC, Cambell AJ, Borkovich KA: Systematic Genetic Manipulation and Analysis of Ga Protein Interactors; Neurospora 2012 meeting; Asilomar, CA; March 2012.
Church Membership & Activities
Member at Trinity Evangelical Free Church, Redlands
Teaching on Science and the Bible
Community Service & Involvement
ISP Team Leader
Interests & Hobbies
Married with 4 kids
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15, ESV