Frequently Asked Questions

About the Program

  • Is housing available on campus for graduate students?

    No. Housing is available in the school's vicinity. Contact Residence Life for a listing.

  • When do classes begin?

    Classes begin every September.

  • What is the program's accreditation status?

    The ARC-PA has granted accreditation-provisional status to the California Baptist University Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program. 

    Accreditation-provisional is an accreditation status granted to a proposed program, which has not yet enrolled students, when the plans and resources allocation, if fully implemented as planned, appear to demonstrate the program's ability to meet the ARC-PA standards or appear to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students. 

    Accreditation-provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. It is limited to no more than 5 years from matriculation of the first class.

  • How long is the course of study?

    The Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) is an intensive 2-year program consisting of 1 year of didactic, followed by 1 year of clinical education. 

  • Can I work while I am enrolled in the program?

    Because of the fast pace and attendance requirements, it is recommended that students not work while enrolled in the program.

Application Process


Financial Aid



  • What degree will be given upon successful completion of the program?

    Graduates who successfully complete the program will be given a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies degree.

  • After program completion, is job search assistance provided?

    As part of the program, CBU will provide information and workshops in the job-seeking process. The program will also provide leads to potential jobs. However, job-seeking is an individual process and CBU cannot guarantee that an employer will hire you.

  • How do I begin clinical practice?

    Upon completing an ARC-PA accredited program, graduates are eligible to sit for the professional board given by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Upon passing the exam, candidates are given the designation of Physician Assistant–Certified (PA-C). The candidate may then apply for state licensure and for a DEA certificate to prescribe controlled medication. The licensure process and requirements for each state vary and candidates must check with the Board of Physician Assistants in the state of planned practice for specific requirements.