WellTrack, a free interactive self-help app, is available free of charge to all students. WellTrack can help you to understand your feelings of stress, anxiety and/or depression, and teach you techniques to minimize these feelings. Download the WellTrack app and register using your @calbaptist.edu email address.
5 Ways Exercise Improves Mental Health Handout
Surprising benefits of exercise for your psychological well-being.
8 Food Choices That Will Improve Your Mood Handout
Surprising ways food can boost your mood.
What anxiety is, who's affected and how to cope.
Anxiety Toolbox Presentation
Excellent information regarding anxiety and how to manage your response to it.
Behavioral Health: What is It? Handout
Answers your questions about mental health, when to consult a therapist, how to help a friend, and more.
Behavioral Health FAQ Handout
How to manage your mental health during unusual times of stress.
Chronic Pain and Mental Health Handout
Causes, effects, and self-care for chronic pain sufferers.
It's more than just being sad.
Discovering Hope: Dealing with Depression Presentation
Depression impacts how we see the world, often giving us a perspective that focuses on the negative while discounting the positive. The information in this presentation can help you begin the journey of rediscovering things about yourself, and allow you to put hope back into your world.
Eating Disorders Handout
Find out the symptoms, where to get help and how to help a friend.
Christ-centered recovery resources for food issues, including free self-study curriculum you can do online.
Make It OK
Reduce the stigma surrounding mental illnesses and change hearts and minds about misperceptions by encouraging open conversations and education. Find out more at makeitok.org. It's time to spread the word, stop the silence, and Make It OK.
Safety, Predictability and Control Handout
Staying safe, maintaining routines, and helping others can empower you during seemingly uncontrollable times.
Sexual Violence Presentation
Where to find available support and resources for survivors of sexual violence, or how to support someone you care about who has been affected by sexual violence.
Signs of Depression and Suicide Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) website
Learn the signs of someone who may be experiencing depression or thoughts of suicide and how to best support them through these challenges.
Sleep Hygiene Handout
Learn ways to improve your sleep.
Student Athlete Burnout and Mental Health Handout
How to recognize and get help for burnout.
Student Athletes Handout
What athletes need to know about mental health and the pressure to perform.
These will help you prepare for your first session.
- Intro to Diaphragmatic Breathing: An easy step-by-step guide to breathing well
- Simple 2-10 minute meditation/breathing exercises
- God’s Loving-Kindness: A guided meditation on gratitude and God’s loving-kindness
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation with a Christian Perspective
- Five Minute Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Spiral Breathing Exercise
- Brain Fog and the Neuroscience Behind It
- Breathe to Heal | Max Strom
- Walking on Custard: How Physics Helps Anxious Humans | Neil Hughes
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance | Angela Lee Duckworth
- How to Practice Emotional First Aid | Guy Winch
- Getting Stuck in the Negatives (and how to get unstuck) | Alison Ledgerwood
- How to Make Stress Your Friend | Kelly McGonigal
- The Power of Vulnerability | Brené Brown
Depression, the Secret We Share | Andrew Solomon
The CBU Counseling Center offers anonymous online mental health check-ups free of charge. These assessments take only a few minutes to complete and may be helpful if you believe you're struggling with:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating concerns
- Substance use
- General well-being
The assessments are provided so that you can gain more information about the symptoms you're experiencing and decide whether or not a professional consultation might be helpful to you. If you're interested in completing one of these screenings, visit the online screenings/assessment site now.
- Effects of Stress on the Body | Madhumita Murgia
- Mindfulness 101 Presentation
Mindfulness is the ability to be aware of what is going on in and around you, and change your reaction to those things; essentially not letting the external control your internal. Includes exercises to help you practice this extremely beneficial skill.
- Mindfulness: 7 Things to Try Today Handout
- Why Mindfulness is a Superpower | Dan Harris
- Connect with the SRWC for home workouts
- Follow Ruthie Swedlund on her YouTube page for amazing in home workouts you can do to stay physically active
- Valenta, Rancho Cucamonga for various treatment programs, including the Valenta Collegiate Program, Eating Disorders, Depression Recovery, and Outpatient Services