Information and Tips
What anxiety is, who's affected and how to cope.
It's more than just being sad.
Eating Disorders Handout
Find out the symptoms, where to get help and how to help a friend.
Sleep Hygiene Handout
Learn ways to improve your sleep.
5 ways exercise improves mental health Handout
Surprising benefits of exercise for your psychological well-being.
Ted Talks on Mental Health
- Breathe to Heal | Max Strom
- Walking on Custard: How Physics Helps Anxious Humans | Neil Hughes
- How to Practice Emotional First Aid | Guy Winch
- Getting Stuck in the Negatives (and how to get unstuck) | Alison Ledgerwood
- How to Make Stress Your Friend | Kelly McGonigal
- The Power of Vulnerability | Brené Brown
Depression, the Secret We Share | Andrew Solomon
These will help you prepare for your first session.
- CBU Counseling Center HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Tips on communicating with your therapist
- FAQs [Coming soon]
The CBU Counseling Center offers anonymous online screenings and assessments free of charge. These screenings take only a few minutes to complete and may be helpful if you believe you're struggling with:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating concerns
- Problems with alcohol
The screenings are provided so that you can gain more information about the symptoms you're experiencing and decide whether or not a professional consultation might be helpful to you. If you're interested in completing one of these screenings, visit the online screenings/assessment site now.