What anxiety is, who's affected and how to cope.
It's more than just being sad.
Eating Disorders Handout
Find out the symptoms, where to get help and how to help a friend.
Sleep Hygiene Handout
Learn ways to improve your sleep.
5 ways exercise improves mental health Handout
Surprising benefits of exercise for your psychological well-being.
Ted Talks on Mental Health
- Walking on Custard: How Physics Helps Anxious Humans | Neil Hughes
- How to Practice Emotional First Aid | Guy Winch
- Getting Stuck in the Negatives (and how to get unstuck) | Alison Ledgerwood
- How to Make Stress Your Friend | Kelly McGonigal
- The Power of Vulnerability | Brené Brown
Depression, the Secret We Share | Andrew Solomon
These will help you prepare for your first session.
- CBU Counseling Center HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Tips on communicating with your therapist [Coming soon]
- FAQs [Coming soon]
The CBU Counseling Center offers anonymous online screenings and assessments free of charge. These screenings take only a few minutes to complete and may be helpful if you believe you're struggling with:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating concerns
- Problems with alcohol
The screenings are provided so that you can gain more information about the symptoms you're experiencing and decide whether or not a professional consultation might be helpful to you. If you're interested in completing one of these screenings, visit the online screenings/assessment site now.