Commencement Information for 2020 Graduates
Graduates, we understand you have many questions regarding your Commencement this coming fall. Please take a moment to review the following information:
- Regalia includes your cap, gown, tassel, and medallion zipper pull.
- Honor cords and masters hoods will be shipped with your regalia.
- Regalia will be mailed to all 2020 graduates who have submitted their order form. (This form is different than the graduation application.)
- If you have not ordered your regalia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- There is no added cost for regalia. The cost of regalia is included in the graduation application fee, which is automatically added to your student account once your graduation application has been approved. All students are required to pay the fee regardless of participation in the ceremony.
- Fall 2020 graduates who ordered by the deadline should receive their regalia by mid-November.
Honor Cords and Stoles
There are two approved Commencement stoles:
- Approved Stoles
- CBU Stoles: All graduates are eligible to purchase a CBU Stole sold only through the Campus Store.
- Great Commission Stoles: All students who have participated in a CBU Summer of Service or International Service Project (SOS/ISP) are eligible to purchase a Great Commission Stole sold only at the Campus Store.
- Honor Cords
Bachelor degree candidates who qualify according to the GPA listing below will receive gold honor cords. Honors are determined by a student's cumulative grade point average at the completion of the previous semester.
- Honor cords will be mailed with regalia and are given to qualifying graduates free of charge.
- Honors are awarded according to the following grade point average:
- Cum Laude, 3.50
- Magna Cum Laude, 3.70
- Summa Cum Laude, 3.90
Traditional students may contact Lorene Armstrong in the Office of the University Registrar at 951.343.4461.
OPS students may contact Adam Martinez at 951.343.2163.
Campus Store Items
CBU's Campus Store has many items available to celebrate your achievements! Click on the catalog link below:
Other Graduation Items
The university has contracted with Jostens to make graduation announcements and class rings available for purchase by CBU students. For more information, please visit the Jostens website.
ALL graduates must complete the Graduation Exit Process regardless of their participation in the ceremony. Regalia will not be released until the Graduation Exit Process has been completed.
Please read the following tips before you begin the Exit Process:
- How to Complete the Exit Process
THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE MUST APPROVE YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION BEFORE YOU MAY ACCESS THE EXIT PROCESS.
After you log in, you will see boxes representing each step in the exit process. After you finish each step, you MUST click the small box at the end of each section. You will see a green check mark above each box you have completed. Once all steps are complete and have a green check mark, you will receive an email confirmation. You may start and stop the Exit Process at any time and it will save the work you have done.
- What if I Receive an Error Message?
If you get an error message that says "You must be a graduating student to access the exit process," and you have already been approved to graduate, please attempt the following steps:
- Try a different browser (Chrome is recommended).
- Refresh the page.
- Clear the cache/cookies by deleting the browser history.
If you are still experiencing issues with logging in, please email the Commencement Office at email@example.com.
- Staff/Faculty Member Log In
CBU staff members who are graduating:
Log in to the exit process with your "staff" LancerMail login instead of your student ID number.
To access the Exit Process, please click HERE.
If you have any questions regarding any of these steps in the Exit Process you may contact the offices below for assistance:
Graduation Application Questions?
Traditional Students - Office of the University Registrar - 951-343-4566
OPS Students - One-Stop Advisor - 951-343-3921
Student Accounts Policy or Perkins Counseling:
Student Accounts Office - 951.343.4371
Financial Aid Office - 951.343.4236
Robert Diaz - 951.552.8490
Surveys and Other Questions:
- How to Complete the Exit Process
Students who meet the following qualifications will receive their diploma at the address they provided in the Exit Process:
- The student has applied for and has been approved for their requested posting date
- The student has all outstanding degree requirements met (All coursework has been completed and all outstanding grades and official transcripts have been received)
- The student has been cleared to receive their diploma by both the Financial Aid and Student Accounts Offices.
Degrees will be posted on the following dates:
- December 31, 2020
- April 30, 2021
- August 31, 2021
Please allow 6-8 weeks after your posting date for diplomas to be shipped.
Contact University Commencements at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 951.552.8308.