Commencement Information for Graduates
Graduates, we understand you have many questions regarding the upcoming Commencement. Please take a moment to review the following information:
- Regalia includes your cap, gown, tassel, and medallion zipper pull.
- Honor cords (for undergraduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater) and academic hoods (graduate students only) will be shipped with your regalia.
- CBU stoles are an optional regalia item and may be purchased through the Campus Store. (See more information below.)
- Graduates must submit an order for their regalia. Check your LancerMail account for an email with instructions. (This form is different than the graduation application.)
- There is no regalia or commencement ceremony fee. Regalia is provided by the university to all graduates whether or not they choose to participate in a ceremony.
- Regalia is shipped directly by the vendor and takes 6-8 weeks to process.
Honor Cords and Stoles
There are two approved Commencement stoles:
- Approved Stoles
- CBU Stoles: All graduates are eligible, though not required, to purchase a CBU Stole sold only through the Campus Store.
- Great Commission Stoles: All students who have participated in a CBU Summer of Service or International Service Project (SOS/ISP) are eligible to purchase a Great Commission Stole sold only at the Campus Store.
- Honor Cords
Bachelor degree candidates who qualify according to the GPA listing below will receive gold honor cords. Honors are determined by a student's cumulative grade point average at the completion of the previous semester.
- Honor cords will be mailed with regalia and are given to qualifying graduates free of charge.
- Honors are awarded according to the following grade point average:
- Cum Laude, 3.50
- Magna Cum Laude, 3.70
- Summa Cum Laude, 3.90
Contact the Office of the University Registrar:
TRAD - 951.343.4566
OPS - 951.343.2163
Campus Store Items
CBU's Campus Store has many items available to celebrate your achievements! Spring '21 graduates will receive an email next month regarding the option to purchase promotional packages (not available yet). These bundles may be purchased by current graduates during a limited time. More information coming soon!
- Blue Bundles - CBU Diploma Cover, CBU Stole, Lancer Tassel Keychain
- Gold Bundles - CBU Frame, CBU Stole, Lancer Tassel Keychain
For other items, visit the Alumni Catalog on the Campus Store website.
Other Graduation Items
The university has contracted with Jostens to make graduation announcements and class rings available for purchase by CBU students. For more information, please visit the Jostens website.
ALL graduates must complete the Graduation Exit Process regardless of their participation in the ceremony. This must be completed before you may order your regalia.
Please read the following instructions before you begin the Exit Process:
- How to Complete the Exit Process
THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE MUST APPROVE YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION BEFORE YOU MAY ACCESS THE EXIT PROCESS.
After you log in, you will see boxes representing each step in the Exit Process. After you finish each step, you MUST click the small acknowledgment box at the end of each section. You will see a green check mark at the top of each module you have completed. Once all steps are complete and have a green check mark, you will receive an email confirmation. You may start and stop the Exit Process at any time and it will save the work you have done. Completion time varies, but on average takes 5-15 minutes to finish.
- What if I Receive an Error Message?
If you get an error message that says "You must be a graduating student to access the exit process," and you have already been approved to graduate, please attempt the following steps:
- Try a different browser (Chrome is recommended).
- Refresh the page.
- Clear the cache/cookies by deleting the browser history.
If you are still experiencing issues with logging in, please email the Commencement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff/Faculty Member Log In
CBU staff members who are graduating:
Log in to the exit process with your "staff" LancerMail login instead of your student ID number.
Click HERE to complete the Exit Process.
If you have any questions regarding any of these steps in the Exit Process you may contact the offices below for assistance:
Graduation Application Questions?
Traditional Students - Office of the University Registrar - 951-343-4566
OPS Students - One-Stop Advisor - 951-343-3921
Student Accounts Policy or Perkins Counseling:
Student Accounts Office - 951.343.4371
Financial Aid Office - 951.343.4236
Robert Diaz - 951.552.8490
Surveys and Other Questions:
- How to Complete the Exit Process
Students who meet the following qualifications will receive their diploma at the address they provided in the Exit Process:
- The student has applied for and has been approved for their requested posting date
- The student has met all outstanding degree requirements. (All coursework has been completed and all outstanding grades and official transcripts have been received)
- The student has been cleared to receive their diploma by both the Financial Aid and Student Accounts Offices.
Degrees will be posted on the following dates:
- December 31, 2020
- April 30, 2021
- August 31, 2021
Please allow 6-8 weeks after your posting date for diplomas to be shipped.
For graduation application, GPA, degree posting, or diploma questions, please contact the Registrar's Office:
Contact University Commencements at email@example.com or call 951.552.8308.