Global Health Engagement
The College of Health Science at California Baptist University is dedicated to seeking out opportunities for global engagement and partnerships. These international partnerships allow for unique educational programs and research collaboration.
To access weekly updates on our Global Health Engagement teams, click here.
Bo Hua Hospital
Jilin City, China
The College of Allied Health at California Baptist University has agreed to pursue a continuing relationship of working cooperation with Bo Hua Hospital, Jilin City, China. This cooperative program includes:
- Student and faculty participation in medical clinics and training
- Cooperation with hospital administration for additional programs and training
- Annual student and faculty exchange and service opportunities
For more information about this partnership, please contact the College of Health Science at 951.343.4619 or email@example.com.
University Santo Tomas
University of Santo Tomas and California Baptist University have organized a collaborative program where students will have the opportunity to participate in Speech Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Sports Science in both the clinical and community settings.
Cedarnest is a one of a kind pediatric cancer recovery center located in Jilin province. Child with parents come to Cedarnest for 7 days of intensive rehab services that have primarily focused on improvements on diet and nutrition related to protein-energy malnutrition along with some medical, psychological, and spiritual support. The registered center is supported for operations through donations. The newly opened facility (May 2015) is multidisciplinary-focused, on comprehensive treatment such as:
- Paraprofessional training of the leadership team and staff
- General medical follow-up
- Diet, nutrition assessments
- Speech, swallowing and hearing challenges
- Physical activity, physical therapy programs
- General health seminars for parents
Seminar and Practicum
The College of Health Science provides an opportunity for students to travel during the summer and serve in the health professions in various overseas locations. Preparation for Global Health Engagement involves taking two courses, ALH 301 Global Health Engagement Seminar and ALH 401 Global Health Engagement Practicum.
To apply or inquire about participation, please complete the following application: Global_Health_Engagement_Application.pdf.
For more information, please email Erik Salley firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to Give Support
- Text Purpose3 to 71777
- Mail a check payable to California Baptist University, with the memo line – Global Health Engagement to:
Office of University Advancement
8432 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside, CA 92504
- Donate online using the form below