Publications and Presentations
- Zeanah, C.H., Wilke, N.G., Shauffer, C., Rochat, T., Howard, A.R.H., & Dozier, M. (2019). Misguided altruism: the risks of orphanage volunteering. The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health. Doi: 10.1016/S2352-4642(19)30213-5.
- Gesiriech, S., Oswald, E., & Wilke, N.G. (2018). Short-Term Missions: Guidance to Support Orphans and Vulnerable Children. Retrieved from https://www.faithtoaction.org/missions/.
- Wilke, N.G. (2018). Wise Short-term Missions: Principles and Practices to Benefit Vulnerable Children and Families. Retrieved from https://issuu.com/christianalliancefororphans/docs/8_stm_principles-a.
- Johnson, J. & Wilke, N.G. (2017). Helping or Hurting | Global Engagement and the Church. Retrieved from https://cafo.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Global-Engagement-and-the-Church-Final-1.pdf.
- Daniels, J. R. Gustafson, J.N. (2016). Faith-based institution, institutional mission and the public good. Higher Learning Research Communications. 6(2).
- Borders, K., Owens, S., & Wilke, N.G. (2018). Wise Short-Term Missions: Models and Case Studies for Benefitting Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Christian Alliance for Orphans.
- Gesiriech, S., Nhep, R., & Wilke, N.G. (2016). Engaging Christian Faith Communities in Care Reform, International Alternative Care Conference, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Gustafson, J.N. (2018) Global Leadership Lessons: In Support of Flourishing Communities, Belmont University, Nashville, TN.
- Gustafson, J.N and Daniels, J., (2018) Community Service and Global Engagement: Historic Foundations, Contemporary Applications, CCCU Forum, Dallas, TX.
- Gustafson, J.N. (2016). International Service: Ethics, Pitfalls, and Best Practices in Host Locations. at NAFSA Region XII, Palm Desert, CA.
- Heerwagen, B. & Wilke, N.G. (2018). Wise Short-Term Missions: Understanding the 7 Standards of Excellence (SOE) in Missions, Christian Alliance for Orphans.
- Van Eman, S. & Wilke, N.G. (2018). To the Short-Term Mission and Beyond: 4 Ways to Increase Leader Effectiveness and Participant Maturity Before, During, and After, Christian Alliance for Orphans.
- Wilke, N., Howard, A.R.H., & Sargent, A. (2019, July). Attachment Research Informing Practice: New Guiding Principles for Short-Term Trips Serving Vulnerable Children. Presented at the Society for Emotion and Attachment Studies Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Wilke, N.G. (2018). Wise Short-Term Missions: Principles for Benefitting Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Christian Alliance for Orphans.
- Wilke, N.G. (2015). Volunteering with Orphans and Vulnerable Children: Principles for Excellence in Practice, Second International Symposium on the Psychosocial Well-being and Development of Vulnerable Children, Henan University.