Employment and Internships
The Career Center offers assistance and information for obtaining:
Off Campus Jobs (Part Time and Full Time Career Related)
- The Career Center has relationships with outside employers who are continuously looking to fill their open positions with CBU students and graduates. These employers post their positions on CBU Career Connect and participate in Career Fairs, on campus recruitment and presentations.
- We encourage students to take advantage of Career Center resources, such as mock interviews, résumé critiques and individual career counseling.
On Campus Jobs
- Currently enrolled students can obtain part-time positions as student workers. All open positions are posted on CBU Career Connect.
- Download the student worker application for on-campus jobs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply?
All current students are eligible to apply for on campus work.
- How do I apply?Log on to CBU Career Connect to search and apply for open positions. Download the student worker application for on campus jobs.
- What is required to apply?
All on campus jobs require a CBU student worker application. Some jobs require additional documents such a résumé and class schedule. Each specific opening will list all required documents and how they should be submitted.
- What do CBU departments look for in a student worker?
While each office is different, CBU encourages professionalism in appearance and conduct. Being employed on campus is considered a privilege as you will be a representative of CBU.
- What is Federal Work Study and how do I know if I am eligible?
It is important to note that Federal Work Study is different at each institution. At CBU, FWS is government funding allotted to CBU in order to assist in offsetting the cost of student worker wages to CBU departments. FWS may only be used for on campus employment. FWS is not tuition reimbursement. Rather, eligible students will receive a pay check. A student's FAFSA will determine if he or she is eligible for FWS. To find out, ask the Financial Aid Office if he or she is eligible.