It is strongly recommended that each patron have a medical examination and physician approval prior to engaging in any activity sponsored by the Recreation Department.
All patrons must sign and submit a completed Waiver of Liability prior to use of the Recreation Center.
Use of Facility
- Patrons must abide by all posted and written rules and comply with policy-related directives made by staff members.
- The Recreation Center is dedicated to the recreation and fitness needs of CBU students and employees.
- Requests for athletic team practices, coached workouts, and associated activities are reviewed on a case-by-case basis; requests must be submitted in advance for consideration and approval by the Recreation Center Director or the Community Life Office.
- No individual may use Recreation Center facilities for personal financial gain or for any form of solicitation without the prior written approval of the Recreation Center Director or the Community Life Office.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Access and Identification
- Patrons must present a valid CBU Card at the reception desk in order to gain entry into all Recreation Center facilities.
- Any attempt to gain, or provide, unauthorized entry into Recreation Center facilities may result in suspension of privileges.
- All organized group activities must be approved by the Recreation Center Director in advance of the activity.
- The Recreation staff reserves the right to request a patron’s identification at any time.
- Trash must be placed in designated receptacles.
- Spray disinfectant and hand towels are provided for patrons to wipe down upholstery, equipment, and accessories.
- Loose chalk is not permitted in any area. Patrons may use liquid or block chalk (e.g., sock chalk).
Prohibited Items and Activity
- Food, beverage, gum, and glass containers. Re-sealable, plastic, personal water bottles are acceptable.
- Footwear with marking soles, open-toes and bare feet
- Jeans, cut-offs, clothes with rivets, or other clothing items that could potentially damage equipment
- Photography including camera phone use. Exceptions must be approved in advance by the Recreation Center Director.
- Bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters, etc.
- Metal cleats
- Inappropriate language, offensive behavior, profanity and suggestive comments.
- The use of personal media (music, podcasts, movies, etc.) without headphones or earbuds.
- Only the amount of equipment deemed necessary by Recreation staff to play a sport may be checked out (i.e., one basketball, two racquets, etc.).
- Any equipment checked out under a patron’s account becomes the respective patron’s responsibility and must be returned at the conclusion of use.
- Patrons are responsible for inspecting rental equipment for damage prior to use.
- Patrons will be assessed a replacement fee for any damage incurred beyond normal wear and tear (i.e., bent/broken racquet). Damage is assessed upon the return of the equipment to the equipment desk. All late, lost or damaged equipment is subject to a fee.
- Visit www.calbaptist.edu/recreation for a list of equipment available.
Safety, Injuries, and Risk Reduction
- The Recreation staff has authority in all decisions related to patron safety, potential facility or equipment damage, or noncompliance with facility guidelines. This includes the authority to immediately modify, limit, or discontinue any activity.
- Recreation staff will respond to all facility situations and initiate appropriate response to patron-related injury situations. Recreation staff members are certified in CPR/AED and/or First Aid. Injury response is coordinated in conjunction with the Safety Services Office and Student Services Office.
- Injuries must be immediately reported to a Recreation staff member.
- Defective or inoperable equipment must be immediately reported to a Recreation staff member.
- There is “Zero Tolerance” for patrons involved in physical or verbal altercations.
- Security cameras are in place to monitor access doors and activity areas.
- Activity areas must remain clear of personal items. Backpacks and gear bags should be stored in lockers or cubbies.
- All lockers are day-use lockers and must be cleared by the close of the facility.
- All informal recreation activities must be consistent with the designed purpose of each facility area.
- Collars must be used on all freestanding barbells.
- All lost and found items should be reported to the reception desk. Unclaimed CBU Cards will be submitted to University Card Services. All other items are submitted to the Safety Services Office.
- During approved Recreation Center activities, the field will not be available for drop-in play.
- Track/turf field will be closed during inclement weather.
- Patrons may not attempt to retrieve balls that have gone over the side of the building. Contact Recreation Staff.
The Recreation staff reserves the right to refuse service to any patron who violates policy or engages in verbal or physical abuse. Failure to abide by Recreation Center policy and/or directions of Recreation staff may result in a suspension of Recreation Center privileges, Judicial Action as set forth in the Student Handbook, and/or constitute grounds for discipline under the CBU Employee Manual.