Community Life is committed to enhancing the CBU experience through purposeful co-curricular programs and services.
Note that the CBU Recreation Center is only available to current students, staff and faculty and their spouses.
Please take a look at the health and safety measures we aim to have in place for when we reopen.
- Accessing the Facility
- All members of the CBU community must present a valid CBU ID Card to access the facility.
- Check-in is contactless.
- Temperature checks will be taken upon entrance.
- Masks are required to enter and use the facility.
- All members of the CBU community must bring and present their own sweat towel upon entrance.
- Facility Details
- Water fountains are not available (water bottle fillers ARE still available so bring a water bottle!).
- Showers and locker room lockers are not available; cubby lockers located on the first floor of the building are available, but space is limited.
- Basketball courts will be open for shoot-around use. (Only one person per ball and two people per hoop. Shoot-around play only.)
- The rooftop track and open space is available for general use and the soccer field is open for shoot-around play only (one person per ball).
- BYOE (Bring Your Own Equipment): Please bring your own sweat towel, water bottle, mat, etc.
- Equipment is intentionally separated or closed off to encourage appropriate distancing.
- Please keep all weight plates with the machine they are designated for.
- Physical Distancing
- Physical distancing of 6 feet or more should be observed at all times.
- All areas have a maximum capacity that will be enforced in order to make sure there is proper space available for distancing.
- No spotting or super-setting is allowed.
- Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Please spray (wait 30 seconds) and wipe before AND after you use equipment (do not spray electronic portion; just wipe with the towel).
- Recreation staff will disinfect high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- The facility will be disinfected at the end of each day and during a designated mid-day time when the facility will be temporarily closed.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.