Recreation Center Facility
The CBU Recreation Center offers 80,000 sq. feet and three stories of recreation space featuring state of the art basketball courts, racquet ball courts, cardio equipment, free weights, an open air futsal field and track, and so much more. Whether your goals are to get in shape, learn a new skill, or connect with friends,our staff is committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Hours of Operation
Recreation Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Equipment Checkout
Available Equipment and Reservations Policy
Item Replacement Fee Agility Ladder $50 Badminton Racquet $30 Basketball $50 Boxing GLoves $50 Boxing Mitts $50 Football $50 Frisbee $15 Kan Jam $40 Outdoor Basketball $50 Outdoor Volleyball $40 Pickleball Paddle $40 Ping Pong Paddle $15 Racquetball Racquet $50 Sand Volleyball Court $40 Indoor Soccer Ball $40 Outdoor Soccer Ball $50 Volleyball $40 Wallyball $50
Equipment Checkout Policies
- Only the amount of equipment necessary to play the sport may be checked out (i.e., 1 basketball, 2 racquets, etc.)
- Any equipment checked out under a patron's account becomes their responsibility and must be returned.
- It is the responsibility of the patron to inspect the equipment being rented to them for any previous damage.
- Any damage incurred beyond normal wear and tear (i.e., bent/broken racquet) will be assessed a replacement fee. Damage is assessed upon the return of the equipment to the equipment desk. All late, lost or damaged equipment is subject to a fee.
- All equipment checked out must be returned to the equipment desk 15 minutes before closing time.
- If an item is not returned by end of day, patron will have one day to return before a temporary suspension and fee is assessed.
*You are responsible for any piece of equipment that you borrow. If a piece of equipment is lost or broken while in your possession, you will be required to pay for it.
- Policies & Core Values
It is strongly recommended that each patron have a medical examination and physician approval prior to engaging in any activity sponsored by the Recreation Department.
RECREATION CENTER POLICIES
The CBU Recreation Center staff reserves the right to refuse service to any patron who violates policy or engages in verbal or physical abuse. Failure to abide by Recreation Center policy and/or directions of Recreation Center staff may result in a suspension of Recreation Center privileges, Judicial Action as set forth in the Student Handbook, and/or constitute grounds for discipline under the CBU Employee Manual.
Use of Facility
- Patrons must abide by all posted and written rules and comply with policy-related directives made by staff members.
- The Recreation Center is dedicated to the recreation and fitness needs of CBU students and employees.
- Requests for athletic team practices, coached workouts, and associated activities are reviewed on a case-by-case basis; requests must be submitted in advance for consideration and approval by the Senior Director of Campus Recreation or the Assistant Director of Recreation Facilities.
- No individual may use Recreation Center facilities for personal financial gain or for any form of solicitation without the prior written approval of the Senior Director of Campus Recreation or the Assistant Director of Recreation Facilities.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Access and Identification
- All patrons must present a valid CBU ID card at the reception desk to enter all Recreation Center facilities.
- It is strongly recommended that each patron have a medical examination and physician approval prior to engaging in any activity sponsored by the Recreation Department.
- All patrons must sign and submit a completed waiver of liability prior to use of the Recreation Center.
- Any attempt to gain, or provide, unauthorized entry into Recreation Center facilities may result in suspension of privileges.
- All organized group activities must be approved by the Senior Director of Campus Recreation or the Assistant Director of Recreation Facilities in advance of the activity.
- The Recreation Center staff reserves the right to request a patron’s identification
at any time.
Prohibited Items and Activity
- Any food, beverage, gum, and glass containers are not allowed in the Recreation Center. Resealable, plastic, personal water bottles are acceptable.
- Apparel may not display drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, satanic symbols, inappropriate language and/or symbols.
- Photography including camera phone use. Exceptions must be approved in advance by the Senior Director of Campus Recreation or the Assistant Director of Recreation Facilities.
- Bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters, etc.
- Inappropriate language, offensive behavior, profanity, and suggestive comments.
- The use of personal media (music, podcasts, movies, etc.) without headphones or earbuds.
- Only the amount of equipment deemed necessary by Recreation Center staff to play a sport may be checked out. (i.e., one basketball, two racquets, etc.)
- Any equipment checked out under a patron’s account becomes the respective patron’s responsibility and must be returned at the conclusion of use.
- Patrons are responsible for inspecting rental equipment for damage prior to use.
- Patrons will be assessed a replacement fee for any damage incurred beyond normal wear
and tear (i.e., bent/broken racquet). Damage is assessed upon the return of the equipment
to the reception desk. All late, lost, or damaged equipment is also subject to a fee.
Safety, Injuries, and Risk Reduction
- The Recreation Center staff has authority in all decisions related to patron safety, potential facility or equipment damage, or noncompliance with facility guidelines. This includes the authority to immediately modify, limit, or discontinue any activity.
- Recreation Center staff will respond to all facility situations and initiate appropriate response to patron-related injury situations. Recreation Center staff members are certified in CPR/AED and or First Aid. Injury response is coordinated in conjunction with the Safety Services Office and Student Services Office.
- Injuries must be immediately reported to a Recreation Center staff member.
- Defective or inoperable equipment must be immediately reported to a Recreation Center staff member.
- There is “Zero Tolerance” for patrons involved in physical or verbal altercations.
- Security cameras are in place to monitor all access doors and activity areas in the facility.
- Activity areas must remain clear of personal items. All bags should be stored in a locker.
- All lockers are day-use lockers only and must be cleared by the close of the facility.
- All informal recreation activities must be consistent with the designed purpose of each facility area.
- Collars must be used on all freestanding barbells.
- All lost and found items should be reported to the reception desk. Unclaimed CBU ID cards will be submitted to University Card Services. All other items are submitted to the Safety Services Office.
- Tops must fully cover the chest, back and torso and must reach past the wearer’s waist.
- Bottoms must be long enough to fully cover the wearer’s buttocks and upper thigh.
- Jeans, cut-offs, clothes with rivets, or other clothing items that may potentially damage equipment are not permitted.
- Shoes that are athletic-style, closed-toed and closed-heeled with non-marking soles
must be worn at all times. Boots, metal cleats, crocs, flip flops, slides, slippers,
and bare feet are not permitted.
- Trash must be placed in designated receptacles.
- Spray disinfectant and hand towels are provided for patrons to wipe down upholstery, equipment, and accessories.
- Loose chalk is not permitted in any area. Patrons may use liquid or block chalk provided
by the Recreation Center (e.g., sock chalk).
Track and Turf Field
- During approved Recreation Center activities, the field will not be available for drop-in play.
- Track/turf field will be closed during inclement weather.
- Patrons may not attempt to retrieve balls that have gone over the side of the building. Contact Recreation Staff if a ball is lost so they may retrieve it at their earliest convenience.
- Dress Code
All current CBU students, staff, faculty, and immediate spouses have access to the CBU Recreation Center, its facilities and select programs.
All members will be required to show CBU identification and sign a facility access waiver through our CBU Rec Center member portal.
To access the waiver:
- Visit recreation.calbaptist.edu
- Sign-in to your account using your LancerMail account
- If a waiver is needed, you will be prompted to digitally sign. If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian signature will also be required.
To obtain a Dependent/Spouse ID card, a current CBU employee/student and his/her spouse will need to come in person to University Card Services (Lancer Plaza 140) along with valid photo IDs and the completed Dependent/Spouse Card Request form (below). Spouses will need proper marriage documentation (i.e., matching addresses and last names on valid photo ID, marriage license). Please allow up to two (2) business days for processing. University Card Services will contact the spouse when the process is complete. The spouse will bring a valid photo ID and payment for the $10.00 fee to the University Cards Services office to take a picture and receive an ID card.
Dependent guest card request form is available for download here.