Jobs in Recreation
- Graduate Assistant
Position Title: Graduate Assistant - General
General Information: The Campus Recreation Graduate Assistants are two graduate school students under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Recreation Facilities and two Facility Coordinators. The GA's will assist in facility management that will include oversight of the Recreation Center (days, nights and weekends) and leading student staff. The position may also include program development of various recreational areas including intramural sports, outdoor adventures and group exercise for the entire CBU community. The GA's will also assist in the selection, training, and supervision of the undergraduate student leads as well as a variety of student worker positions. Applicants with previous experience in recreation or who have a desire to pursue a career in student development or a related field, are preferred.
Currently not hiring for this positionCurrently not hiring for this position
Position Title: Graduate Assistant - Outdoor Adventure
General Description: The Campus Recreation Program Graduate Assistant is responsible for assisting in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs within Outdoor Adventure that promote healthy student involvement within the CBU community. This person will have the opportunity to promote intentional student development and learning through Campus Recreation initiatives, as well as to work in partnership with the Outdoor Adventure Coordinator to facilitate the day-to-day activities of the Outdoor Adventure trip program and rental center. Facility management of the Campus Recreation building will also be required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the discretion of the Director of Recreation.
- Customer Service AttendantThe Customer Service Attendant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Recreation Center participants and members. Customer Service Attendants are responsible for monitoring the access of Recreation Center facilities and activity spaces, as well as dispensation of general equipment rentals.
We are currently not hiring for this position
- Esports Lead
General Information: The E-sport Leads are responsible for creating a safe environment for CBU students to participate in events, programs, and competitions.
- Fitness Lead
General Information: The Fitness Lead is responsible for planning, developing, and assisting all aspects of fitness programming and special events. Staff will also conduct body composition and weight room orientation appointments. Kinesiology, Exercise & Wellness, or related major preferred. Previous experience with Weight Training and Fitness Components is desired.
- Group Exercise Instructor
General Information: Provide group exercise instruction on a weekly schedule, demonstrating the ability to instruct safe, effective, and enjoyable fitness classes. Supervise exercise participants during fitness classes, assisting participants in maximizing the efficiency of their workouts.
- Intramurals LeadGeneral Information: The Intramural Lead is responsible for creating a safe environment for CBU students to participate in sporting events, programs, and competitions. Applicants are encouraged to have participated in a sporting event such as volleyball, football, soccer and/or e-sports. CPR/Fist Aid will be required/provided upon hire.
- Marketing LeadGeneral Information: The Marketing Lead serves as an important linking role between Campus Recreation and the CBU community. This position offers the opportunity to be creative and think “outside of the box,” as well as practice the traditional marketing techniques. You will be responsible for creating the designs for new and existing Recreation Center programs, classes, and events using print marketing, digital marketing, and social networking through various media outlets.
- Outdoor Adventure Lead
General Information: The Outdoor Adventure team is responsible for developing, planning, and leading a comprehensive trip program. Staff will also assist in running a full-scale equipment rental program.
- Personal TrainerGeneral Information: Provide one-on-one fitness training to clients including safe and effective exercise programs, spotting, and perfection of techniques, ensuring proper and safe training while providing individual attention and motivation. Provide each client with proper health evaluations and fitness testing to help determine current fitness levels and goals. Be able to explain the proper use of all equipment. Must possess Personal Training Certification by ACE, NASM, NSCA, or ACSM. Personal Trainers must complete 2.0 CEU each school year while employed at the Recreation Center.
General Information: This position is responsible for the overall officiating/judging of sports, program activities and/or events to maintain standards. Works independently and makes good sound judgment for a successful event. This position is responsible for maintaining a safe environment and ensuring the safety of the intramural participants.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends all required meetings and trainings.
- May officiate and judge a variety of intramural sports, games, activities and competitions.
- Officiates or judges activities occurring either indoor or outdoor depending on activity/sport.
- Enforces applicable rules and assess penalties when necessary.
- Examines the activity environment and surface before every event to ensure safe conditions.
- Inspects sporting equipment and/or examine participants in order to ensure compliance with event and safety regulations.
- Uses appropriate signals and mechanics.
- Communicates any problems or concerns to the facilitator/supervisor.
- Keeps track of event times, starting and stopping play when necessary.
- Settles claims of infractions or complaints by participants.