Jobs in Recreation
- Graduate Assistant
Position Title: Graduate Assistant - General
General Information: The Campus Recreation Graduate Assistants are two graduate school students under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Recreation Facilities and two Facility Coordinators. The GA's will assist in facility management that will include oversight of the Recreation Center (days, nights and weekends) and leading student staff. The position may also include program development of various recreational areas including intramural sports, outdoor adventures and group exercise for the entire CBU community. The GA's will also assist in the selection, training, and supervision of the undergraduate student leads as well as a variety of student worker positions. Applicants with previous experience in recreation or who have a desire to pursue a career in student development or a related field, are preferred.
Position Title: Graduate Assistant - Outdoor Adventure
General Description: The Campus Recreation Program Graduate Assistant is responsible for assisting in developing, implementing, and evaluating programswithinOutdoor Adventurethat promote healthy student involvement within the CBU community. This person will have the opportunity to promote intentional student development and learning through Campus Recreation initiatives, as well as to work in partnership with theOutdoor Adventure Coordinatorto facilitate the day-to-day activities of theOutdoor Adventuretripprogramand rental center. Facilitymanagement of the Campus Recreation building will also berequired.Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the discretion of the Director of Recreation.
- Fitness Lead
General Information: The Fitness Lead is responsible for planning, developing, and assisting all aspects of fitness programming and special events. Staff will also conduct body composition and weight room orientation appointments. Kinesiology, Exercise & Wellness, or related major preferred. Previous experience with Weight Training and Fitness Components is desired.
- Intramurals and Esports Lead
General Information: The Intramural and E-sport Leads are responsible for creating a safe environment for CBU students to participate in sporting events, programs, and competitions.
- Outdoor Adventure Lead
General Information: The Outdoor Adventure team is responsible for developing, planning, and leading a comprehensive trip program. Staff will also assist in running a full-scale equipment rental program.
- Group Exercise Instructor
General Information: Provide group exercise instruction on a weekly schedule, demonstrating the ability to instruct safe, effective, and enjoyable fitness classes. Supervise exercise participants during fitness classes, assisting participants in maximizing the efficiency of their workouts.
- Personal TrainerGeneral Information: Provide one-on-one fitness training to clients including safe and effective exercise programs, spotting, and perfection of techniques, ensuring proper and safe training while providing individual attention and motivation. Provide each client with proper health evaluations and fitness testing to help determine current fitness levels and goals. Be able to explain the proper use of all equipment. Must possess Personal Training Certification by ACE, NASM, NSCA, or ACSM. Personal Trainers must complete 2.0 CEU each school year while employed at the Recreation Center.
- Customer Service AttendantWe are currently not hiring for this position
General Information: This position is responsible for the overall officiating/judging of sports, program activities and/or events to maintain standards. Works independently and makes good sound judgment for a successful event. This position is responsible for maintaining a safe environment and ensuring the safety of the intramural participants.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends all required meetings and trainings.
- May officiate and judge a variety of intramural sports, games, activities and competitions.
- Officiates or judges activities occurring either indoor or outdoor depending on activity/sport.
- Enforces applicable rules and assess penalties when necessary.
- Examines the activity environment and surface before every event to ensure safe conditions.
- Inspects sporting equipment and/or examine participants in order to ensure compliance with event and safety regulations.
- Uses appropriate signals and mechanics.
- Communicates any problems or concerns to the facilitator/supervisor.
- Keeps track of event times, starting and stopping play when necessary.
- Settles claims of infractions or complaints by participants.