Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it cost to use the Rec Center?
The cost of your gym membership is included in your CBU student fees.
- How many laps around the track makes a mile?
10 on the outside, 10.5 in the middle, 11 on the inside.
- Are locker rooms available for use?
Cubby lockers located on the first floor of the building are available, but space is limited.
- Are towels available for use?
Please bring your own equipment. This includes a sweat towel, water bottle and mat.
- Are showers available for use?
Showers and locker room lockers are not available at this time.
- Can I bring a guest?
Only current students, faculty, staff and their immediate spouses are authorized to use the facility.
- What are the hours of operation?
- How do I get a job at the Rec Center?
Fill out a job application online or pick one up at the Rec Center's front desk.
- What equipment can I rent/check out?
Currently, we are not checking out any equipment at the Recreation Center. Outdoor gear can be rented at Rec Rentals by appointment only.
- Can I reserve a racquetball room?
No. Racquetball courts are first come, first serve.
- Do you have to sign up for Group X classes?
No. However, classes will have a size limit based on a first come, first serve basis.
- How do I sign up for a personal trainer?
Please fill out the Personal Trainer Inquiry Form.