Virtual Orientation for fall 2017 has now concluded.
If you are an accepted student who is interested in attending CBU this fall, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 951-343-4212.
Alternate Orientation Event Details
Where do I go when I arrive to campus?
The first stop for all students is the main, Alternate Orientation check-in located in the Yeager Center. If you are living on campus, then you will receive your key to your living area at the Alternate Orientation check-in and then you will head to your living area to move in.
What is the move in process if I am living on campus?
If you are living on campus, then your first stop will be to check in for Alternate Orientation in the Yeager Center, near the main entrance to campus off Magnolia Ave. We recommend leaving your luggage in your car while you check in for Alternate Orientation. At the Alternate Orientation check in you will receive the key to your living area. Then you will head back to your car and go to your living area and move in your belongings.
Alternate Orientation will consist of information sessions that will help them understand life as a CBU student, as well as take their CBU ID picture. Students that complete Virtual Orientation and are living on campus will move in on August 31st.
|Time:||Alternate Orientation Schedule:|
|8:00am||Orientation Check-In Begins for Residential Students (Yeager Center)|
|Living Area Move-In (Student's Living Area)|
|10:30am||Orientation Check-In Begins for Commuter Students (Yeager Center)|
|1:30pm||Welcome Session & CBU Experience (Van Dyne Gym)|
|2:30pm||Financial Aid & Student Accounts Presentation (Van Dyne Gym)|
|3:15pm||FOCUS Group Time (Parents/Guests to Support Your Lancer)|
|6:00pm||Conclusion of Parent/Guest Portion of the Day|
|8:00pm||Late Night Brisco's|
Steps to Complete Virtual Orientation
- Sign up for Virtual Orientation: After signing up for Virtual Orientation, students will receive a confirmation email. Then, beginning May 18th students will receive an email with their class registration guide and a notification that their class registration portal has opened.
- Complete Virtual Orientation Process: Once students receive the email notifying them that their class registration portal has opened, students can register in classes through their online portal. Students have seven (7) days to complete class registration.
- If You Have Questions: Students that have questions regarding the class registration process, changing majors, or anything else can contact the Academic Advising Office at 951.343.4567 or email email@example.com.
- Final Class Schedule Review: Once students have enrolled in at least twelve (12) units, the Academic Advising Office will review the completed class schedule for the fall semester. If everything is approved, the schedule will be signed off and the student will be ready to start in classes this fall! If there are any issues, Academic Advising will contact the student directly to make necessary adjustments.
- Attend Alternate Orientation: Students that complete the first part of Virtual Orientation (online class registration) will then register for and attend Alternate Orientation on August 31st. Registration is free for each student and up to two (2) guests. Students that are living on campus will be able to move in on August 31st.
- Complete Payment Arrangements: Once students enroll in classes, they receive official billing from the University. Students need to complete payment arrangements by the Payment Due Date, August 9th. Any questions can be directed to the Financial Aid Office at 951.343.4236 and the Student Accounts Office at 951.343.4371.
- Attend Welcome Weekend: Once Alternate Orientation is complete, students will attend Welcome Weekend, September 1 - 3. More information about Welcome Weekend can be found here.
Additional Items to Complete
Housing Application: Students that plan to live on campus must complete an online housing application. Students will have access to complete the online application within two (2) business days after being accepted to CBU.
Meal Plan: To choose a meal plan at CBU, please click on the following link: CBU Meal Plan. (Once on the page, you will need to log in to InsideCBU using your credentials). For more information about Meal Plans, please visit the University Card Services website.
Health Insurance: is required for all Traditional Undergraduate students at CBU enrolled in seven (7) units or more. Students are automatically charged for and enrolled in the medical insurance provided through UnitedHealthcare Student Resources. Students who have their own insurance or are covered through their parents can choose to "opt out" of the student insurance plan by completing the online waiver. The online waiver is available here. On the webpage, look under "Student Access" and click on "Student Waive." You will be required to create an account and then will be directed to the waiver form. The waiver must be completed prior to the Fall 2017 last day to drop a course with a refund.
FERPA Form: By law, CBU needs to collect this from every CBU student. California Baptist University is unable to release any personal educational information to any one other than the student without prior written consent. This form grants or denies permission for CBU to discuss student information with, for example, a parent or guardian who is named on the form. Please complete and send to Academic Advising: FERPA form.
Tuition and Fee Agreement: This form gives CBU permission to apply your grants and scholarships to your CBU fees. Please complete and send to Student Accounts: Tuition and Fee Agreement.
Parking Permit: Please submit your vehicle information to the Public Safety office in order to park on campus during the academic year. Visit Public Safety Parking and Permits page (insideCBU login required) to enter your vehicle information. Your permit will be available to pick up at the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester.
For more information about meal plans, Lancerbucks, health insurance, Zipcar, and the RTA U-Pass program, visit www.calbaptist.edu/cardservices.