We hope this page is helpful to you as your student navigates the process of becoming a CBU Lancer. Included are frequently asked questions, finanical aid information and how students proceed through the appication and admittance process to the University. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office with any questions, we are looking forward to assisting your family!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is safety on campus monitored?Our Public Safety office offers 24-hour surveillance of our closed campus and surrounding areas. They are here to serve our students and offer a safe environment for every resident and visitor that comes onto our campus. In addition, all students are required at registration to enroll in a campus alert system that notifies them by text if there an emergency.
- What is the student to faculty ratio?19:1
- Are most courses taught by professors or teacher assistants?While some faculty members employ teachers assistants, all of our courses are taught by the professor. CBU currently employees 380 full-time faculty and 507 adjunct faculty. All faculty members are required to hold regular office hours during the week in order to better assist students in understanding coursework and professional development.
- Do students have to sign a statement of faith?We do not require our students to sign a statement of faith. However, CBU is unapologetically Christian and because of that, we do require students to abide by a certain code of conduct that they must sign upon enrollment at the University. We abide by the Baptist Faith and Message which can be read here on our website.
- How big is your school?CBU currently has 11,491 total students. 8,252 of this population are traditional undergraduate students working toward completing a Bachelor’s degree. The remaining population is comprised of graduate and online students.
- What is your acceptance rate?Our acceptance rate is currently about 80%.
- Is your campus diverse?
Fall 2022 new student report (undergraduate student population):
- Caucasian 32%
- Hispanic 41%
- African American 9%
- Two or More Races 5%
- Asian 6%
- Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian 1%
- Unknown 3%
- Other 3%
- What are the average GPA and test scores of a CBU student?For fall 2022, the average GPA was 3.53 and the average test scores were ACT 22 / SAT 1080 (critical reading and math only) for first-time, freshmen.
- Do you accept AP/IB coursework?
What are my student's steps to apply?
All students will need to complete our Application online. We will then need the following admissions documents to complete the application process. (Please note, we are not on the Common Application).
- Admissions Essay (included in online application)
- $45 application fee
- Official transcripts from all schools and/or colleges attended
The Undergraduate Admissions office upholds a rolling admission policy, which means that we do not have a set deadline for application and we will accept applications throughout the year. However, if your student submits their fall 2024 application and all admissions documents by December 1, 2023, they will receive an early admissions decision. They will also have the opportunity to be part of Lancer Select, a special group for early admitted students.Please note: A transfer student is anyone who has completed 24 or more college semester units. Transfer students are not required to submit high school transcripts or ACT/SAT scores. However, transfer students may submit high school transcripts to verify if they are exempt from the foreign language general education requirement.
What are my student's steps once they are accepted?
Step One: Submit an Intent to Enroll
This tells us that your student is intending to enroll at CBU for the upcoming semester.
Step Two: Finance your education
CBU's team of finanical aid counselors are committed to helping students find and secure the resources needed to finance their education. CBU offers a multitude of scholarship and grant opportunities to make the cost of attendance more affordable. These scholarships and grants can come in a variety of forms and are funded through the federal and state government, institutionally from CBU and through private companies and organizations. Additionally, educational loans are available. See the Financial Aid Information below for next steps to secure these resources.
Step Three: Apply for Housing
Housing applications for fall 2024 will open in January 2024! To apply for housing, click here. Your student will need their CBU ID and password from their acceptance email to begin the process.
Step Four: Attend Lancer Day at CBU
Let us help you decide if CBU is the right fit. Accepted students are invited to attend this full day event. Click here to learn more!
Step Five: Sign up for New Student Class Registration
Ready to commit to CBU? For students who have decided to attend CBU, the next step is to sign up for New Student Class Registration. New Student Class Registration is an online process where you will register in classes for your first semester at CBU with the help of Academic Advising. All new students who have been accepted for the fall 2024 semester are eligible to sign up. Click here for more details!
Step Five: Attend New Student Orientation
More details to follow!
Step Six: Meet the Payment Due Date
Students will sign a Tuition and Fee Agreement for the CBU Student Accounts Office and make approved payment arrangements to cover their balance. The Payment Due Date for the fall 2024 semester is August 7, 2024. Payment plans are available through the Student Accounts Office.
Step Seven: Get Connected at New Student Welcome
Students will attend New Student Welcome and get connected to campus resources, future classmates, the CBU Community and Christ.
Financial Aid Information
- For more information about the FAFSA process, please visit this page.
- CBU also offers a variety of Institutional grants and scholarships in addition to the FAFSA. Some of these are based on merit and involvement, while others are based on need. Please see this complete list of scholarships and grants that are available at CBU. Currently, 100% of incoming traditional undergraduate CBU students receive some form of financial aid.
Student Services Quick Reference
Undergraduate Admissions : 951.343.4212
Career Center : 951.343.5031
Student Accounts : 951.343.4371
Office of Student Success : 951.343.4349
Academic Advising : 951.343.4567
Office of Spiritual Life : 951.552.8660
Counseling Center : 951.689.1120
Student Health Center: 951.552.8811
Public Safety : 951.343.4311