We are excited you have decided to enroll at CBU and can’t wait for you to start this fall! Click the button below to review your personalized New Student Checklist (InsideCBU login required). To help you complete the necessary checklist items, we have provided additional information below.
- Final Transcripts and Test Scores
Once your grades post for your final semester, please send your final transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions. This will allow us to keep your academic record fully up-to-date and accurate. If you have taken any AP, IB, CLEP or DSST exams, please also send those scores as well.
- Health Insurance
Beginning for the Spring 2024 semester, CBU is no longer requiring the submission of a health insurance waiver, but will be offering an opt-in student health insurance plan through Wellfleet Student for the following CBU domestic student populations.
- All traditional graduate and undergraduate students enrolled for 7 or more units.
- All traditional graduate students in the Athletic Training, Physician Assistant, Social Work, Speech Language Pathology programs enrolled for 1 or more units.
- All traditional Nursing Students enrolled for 1 or more units.
Students interested in purchasing the Student Health Insurance should complete the Student Health Insurance Request Form. Please note that there is no longer any dependent coverage available through the Student Health Insurance Plan. For more information, please visit http://calbaptist.edu/healthinsurance.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Complete your FERPA as soon as possible.
California Baptist University is unable to release any personal educational information to any one other than the student without prior written consent. Please click here to access the FERPA form (InsideCBU login required) which grants or denies permission for CBU to discuss student information with, for example, a parent or guardian who is named on the form.
It is important to input and remember your access code as well as inform your authorized people of the code. This code will be requested when meeting/corresponding with CBU Offices.
- Emergency Contact Information
Emergency Contact Information: In the event of an emergency, CBU will attempt to notify your emergency contacts. Please fill out the Emergency Contact Information Form (InsideCBU login required). It is critical that CBU authorities know the person(s) you would like us to contact on your behalf in the event of an emergency. Emergency Contact Information is used solely by approved CBU personnel in the event of a declared emergency event.
Please provide contact information for up to three people, and designate the order in which you would like them to be called. We will call all numbers provided for your 1st Contact. If we are unable to reach your 1st Contact at any of the numbers provided, we will call your 2nd Contact. If we are unable to reach your 2nd Contact, we will call your 3rd Contact, and repeat the cycle until we reach one of your designated contacts. You may change the calling order by clicking inside the box with the contact’s information, and dragging it to the desired position. To deactivate a person as your emergency contact, move them to the third position, and select “deactivate.” You may update your Emergency Contact information at any time.
CBU Alert: CBU Alert is an emergency notification system that will text and email emergency communication to you if you sign up. You are strongly encouraged to sign up here (InsideCBU login required). If you are a first time user, you will need to create an account by selecting "sign me up!" Then, enter your CBU LancerMail email address and create a password for your CBU Alert account.
CBU Text Message Contact: Submitting your cell number below enables CBU to send you text messages with important information. Click here to sign up to receive text messages. If you have any questions, please contact the CBU ITS HelpDesk at (951) 343-4444.
- Vehicle Registration
- Finalize Financial AidFinancial Aid helps you secure money to pay for college in the form of grants, scholarships and loans.
Financial Aid Office: Assists with questions regarding the FAFSA, your financial aid offer, grants, scholarships and loans.
- Complete your FAFSA (Financial Aid Office)
If you have not already done so, please complete your FAFSA for Spring 2024 as soon as possible. The financial aid team will review your FAFSA to determine your eligibility for grants, scholarships, and loans. CBU also offers a variety of scholarships and grants through CBU aid to help cover the cost of attendance. A student's academic standing and financial need as determined by the FAFSA can impact the amount and type of financial aid offered.
- Submit all Financial Aid Documents (Financial Aid Office)
- If you have been selected for verification (notified via LancerMail):
- If you are using Federal Direct Loans:
- Complete your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling online
- If you do not want to borrow Federal Direct Loans and choose to reject them please fill out this form
- If you are a Cal Grant recipient:
- Review important information regarding the Cal Grant here
- High school students will need to create an account on WebGrants and verify your high school graduation date after you have graduated.
- Transfer students will need to create an account on WebGrants to complete and submit the G-6 Form, “Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Certification Form.” Please email the completed G-6 Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accept/Decline Financial Aid Offer on InsideCBU (Financial Aid Office)
Go to My Offer Letter on InsideCBU. You may accept / decline or reduce aid as needed to cover your charges. The amount awarded may be reduced or cancelled if you are enrolled less than full-time or cease attendance during the semester to comply with Federal, State, and University regulations.
Types of financial aid you may see on your financial aid offer:
- Government Aid- grants such as the Pell Grant and SEOG - federal grants do not need to be repaid. Cal Grant - state grant that does not need to be repaid.
- CBU Aid - scholarships and grants from CBU do not need to be repaid
- Private Aid - money from private donors or organizations that does not need to be repaid
- Direct Loans / PLUS / Alternative Loans - funds borrowed must be repaid
- VA Benefits - for questions contact Jay Villasenor at 951-552-8522
Note: Do not assume that your Financial Aid Offer will cover your balance in full
If you have any questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 951.343.4236
- Make Payment Arrangements and Confirm EnrollmentStudent Accounts helps you set up payment arrangements to pay tuition and fees on time so that you stay enrolled at CBU and on track to graduation.
Student Accounts Office: Assists with questions regarding tuition and fees, payment options, the Payment Due Date, book vouchers and refunds.
- Review your Course and Fee Statement (Student Accounts Office)
The Course and Fee Statement shows what courses you have registered for and provides the estimated charges and pending or accepted financial aid associated to that semester.
- Submit a Signed Tuition and Fee Agreement (Student Accounts Office)
This agreement expresses you understand your responsibility to pay your tuition and fees to CBU on time each semester. Click here to complete the Tuition and Fee Agreement.
- Cover your Tuition and Fees through the Approved Payment Options by the Payment Due Date (Student Accounts Office)
All student account charges are due and payable by the Payment Due Date January 4th, 2024. The University expects students to cover all charges for the current semester before advancing to a future semester.
Approved Payment Options
- Online Payment
- Pay online through InsideCBU > Student Accounts tab > "Make Payment or Setup Payment Plan" link
- eCheck, credit card, and foreign currency payments are accepted
- Check Payment
- Mail check payments to:
- California Baptist University
Attn: Student Accounts Office
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504
- California Baptist University
- Please include the student ID# on the check
- Check payments must be recieved in the Student Accounts office by the payment due date
- Mail check payments to:
- Semester (4-month) Payment Plan
- Pay all or part of your semester charges in four monthly installments without interest
- Payments are automatically processed on the 5th of the month
- A $35 per semester enrollment fee will apply at the time of enrollment
- Enroll online using the Student Account's "Make Payment or Setup Payment Plan" link on InsideCBU
- Re-enrollment by the Payment Due Date is required each semester
Note: Payment Due Dates are always available on InsideCBU under the Student Accounts tab and once you have set up payment arrangements you can check your student accounts status there under my account information. You will see a green "enrollment confirmed" box if the Student Accounts Office has confirmed your enrollment. If you have not completed payment arrangements for the semester you will see a red "enrollment not confirmed" box.
If you have any questions please contact the Student Accounts Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951.343.4371
- Check LancerMail DailyIt is important to log in and check your LancerMail account daily throughout your time here at CBU. You can locate your LancerMail account under quick links on InsideCBU (Login required)
- Order TextbooksUtilize the Campus store for your course materials and textbooks: https://bookstore.calbaptist.edu/