We are honored you are considering transferring to CBU to continue your education. At this point in your academic career, you may already have an idea of the major you want to pursue, or you may still be in the process of narrowing down your options and figuring out how to best use your gifts and talents. The Admissions Office is here to help you as you make your move to CBU and live your purpose.
Who Is Considered a Transfer Student?
To be considered a transfer student when you apply to CBU, you must have completed 24 or more units from a regionally accredited college or university. Don’t worry if you have not completed 24 college units yet, you can apply as a first-time freshmen and provide us transcripts from your college or university for credit evaluation.
How to Apply
- Fill out an application.
- Complete and submit an application for undergraduate admission. Applications for spring 2019 open September 1, 2018 and applications for fall 2019 open September 15, 2018.
- The Priority Application Date for fall 2019 is December 1, 2018.
- The application includes a 3–5 paragraph essay asking "What do you hope to gain from your experience as a student at California Baptist University?" Provide examples from an academic, social and spiritual standpoint.
- The $45 non-refundable fee can be paid through the application portal.
- Official transcripts need to be provided from all of the colleges and universities that you have attended.
- If you have less than 24 units, we also require you provide your official high school transcripts and an SAT or ACT test score.
The Undergraduate Admissions Office upholds a rolling admission policy, which means that we do not have a set deadline for application. However, you will not receive your financial aid or be enrolled until you have been accepted
* All admissions documents must be sent to the attention of the Undergraduate Admissions Office:
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504
FAX: (951) 343-4525
Academic Scholarships for Transfer Students
Transfer Gold- $9,500 (3.5 GPA and above)
Transfer Blue- $7,500 (3.0-3.49 GPA)
How will my units transfer to CBU?
Upon acceptance to the university, your transcripts will be officially evaluated by the Registrar’s office. Once completed, they will be sent to your admissions counselor who will notify you of the evaluation results. In the meantime, you can reference these helpful resources to better understand how your units may transfer to CBU.
- If you have already selected a major to pursue at CBU, you can reference these Major Planning Guides which lay out the general education and degree requirements for each academic program.
- You can reference CBU’s Transfer Policy for more information on how many units you can transfer and requirements required for graduation from CBU.
California Community College Transfer Students
- CBU has Articulation Agreements with many local California community colleges, which outline courses and their transfer equivalencies at CBU.
- Individuals transferring to CBU with a Associates Degree and either IGETC and CSU General Education Breadth Certification prior to transfer are waived from General Education requirements with the exception of the Biblical and Theological Core and English Composition (ENG 113 & 123) courses.
- How do I know if the courses I’m taking will transfer to CBU?
- How long will it take me to graduate from CBU?Remaining time to graduation varies drastically from student to student and can only officially be determined by the Registrar's office and Academic Advising. However, in the meantime you can reference your Major Planning Guide and the Articulation Agreements we have for many local community colleges.
- What courses are required to transfer?We do not require that you have any specific courses or an associate’s degree completed in order to transfer. Once you have acquired 24 semester units you are eligible to apply as a transfer student. If you do not have 24 semester units completed we will require official high school transcripts and official ACT/SAT scores.
- If I have an associate’s degree, will my general education requirements be waived?Individuals transferring to CBU with a Associates Degree and either IGETC and CSU General Education Breadth Certification prior to transfer are waived from General Education requirements with the exception of the Biblical and Theological Core and English Composition (ENG 113 & 123) courses.
- How will I know what classes are required for my degree?If you have already selected a major to pursue at CBU, you can reference these Major Planning Guides which lay out the general education and degree requirements for each academic program. When enrolling in classes at New Student Orientation, you will receive a personalized degree guide as well as help from an academic advisor to answer any questions or concerns you might have during the registration process. This personalized degree guide will include any transferrable units you’ve already completed as well as general education requirements and major requirements.
- When can I expect to receive an official evaluation of my transcripts?Upon acceptance to the university, your transcripts will be officially evaluated by the Registrar’s office. Once completed, they will be sent to your admissions counselor who will notify you of the evaluation results.
- I work full time. Does CBU offer classes at night?Through our traditional daytime program we offer various classes throughout the week beginning at 7 a.m. with the majority taking place in block format on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays OR Tuesdays and Thursdays during the day. Full-time students (enrolled in 12 to 18 units) in the traditional daytime program should expect to attend classes on campus at least three to four days per week during the daytime hours. If you cannot, you may wish to inquire to our Online and Professional Studies division to learn more about program offerings available online.
CBU’s Admissions Office is here to assist you through the application and enrollment process and answer any questions that you have along the way. Contact a transfer admissions counselor and we can help you get started!